One Domain; Two Accounts; Second account as a Subdomain

I need some guidance.

I searched for days, but I have not found any complete answers.

I have two accounts, one for the website, and another for data and processing. This serves to spread the workload.

For clarity, I will use generic names.

What I want is basically the following

website.com, Addon Domain (website.com), residing on Main Domain of bcde123.epizy.com 185.27.123.123

data.website.com, Subdomain (abcde234-data.epizy.com), residing on Main Domain of abcde234.epizy.com 185.27.234.234

I have manually setup cloudflare, including ssl, and it works properly for https://website.com, as follows

Type	 Name           Content           TTL     Proxy Status
A        website.com    185.27.123.123    Auto    Proxied
A        website.com    185.27.234.234    Auto    Proxied
A        www            185.27.123.123    Auto    Proxied
A        data           185.27.234.234    Auto    Proxied

But it does not work for https://data.website.com

Although, browsing directly to https://abcde234-data.epizy.com seems to work.

This is probably quite a common and simple implementation, but I cannot find any clear examples.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I checked your accounts, but the data subdomain you’re referring to does not appear to be assigned to any hosting account right now. You’ll have to assign it to a hosting account to allow the domain to show anything. Simply pointing the domain name to the IP address of the account doesn’t tell the server enough to know what content it should serve on the domain.

You may run into some trouble with this though. So, to save you some time, here are a few things to note:

• You can only add custom domains as addon domains or parked domains. You can add subdomains for your own domains, but only on the same account as the main domain. You will not be able to host the data subdomain on another hosting account than the main domain.
  • I’m not sure what kind of “data and processing” you’re looking to do on the subdomain, but please keep in mind that our service is intended for website hosting only. If you’re looking for free file hosting, go to an actual file hosting service rather than abusing a website hosting service for this. Seriously, we don’t allow it. Don’t waste your time.
  • On your base domain, you should put the IP of the account of the base domain only. If you put the IP address of the subdomain on there as well, your website will return bad responses half of the time.
2 Likes

Data and Processing are byword/shorthand for Database and PHP.
I am mindful of your service policy, and I have no intent to misuse.

I have removed the second IP, like the following

Type     Name           Content           TTL     Proxy Status
A        website.com    185.27.123.123    Auto    Proxied
A        www            185.27.123.123    Auto    Proxied
A        data           185.27.234.234    Auto    Proxied

The data subdomain is assigned the IP of the Main Domain of a hosting account, like the following

account2.epizy.com, Main Domain, 185.27.234.234
account2-data.epizy.com, Subdomain
data.website.com = 185.27.234.234

As I stated before, browsing to account2-data.epizy.com shows the correct content, but data.wabsite.com results in a timeout.

Okay, then how do I correctly configure like the following? The following is what I need
website.com = account1.epizy.com
data.website.com = account2.epizy.com

You don’t. You can’t do this on free hosting, as far as I know. And if you can, it’s unintentional.

3 Likes

Oh!
Oh well… that sucks!

Anyway, thanks for your time.

One last thing

For root directories of deleted subdomains, does it automatically expire and delete itself, or do I need to make an Admin request to delete them?

The domain directories of deleted domains cannot be deleted by you for security reasons, and we will not delete these directories for you because we don’t want to spend our time to do file management for individual users and accounts. So you’ll just have to ignore these folders, I’m afraid.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.