New Website Not Working

Think I’m having the same problem. I’m a rank beginner (don’t understand anything). I’ve uploaded an “index.html” file into the htdocs folder immediately below a line which reads: “files for your website should be uploaded here!” So-far is this right? If so why doesn’t my file appear instead of the “Lets Make Something Awesome” page?

What is your website’s URL?

When going to your client area’s “Domains” page, is the directory mentioned next to your domain the one you’ve been uploading your files to? Can you share a screenshot?

Have you also verified the index.html file has stayed on the server and has not been deleted?

5 Likes

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your help

Here are a few screenshots (correction, I’m only allowed to send one screenshot) - does it show what I’m doing wrong? Actually, perhaps I just need to wait a couple more days for the cogs to turn (although I did receive an email telling me that the website is ready to go)

The website url: The website url: http://whiteleyweb.42web.io/

Cheers,
Tony

Try deleting that file you have hilighted, then try re-uploading your index file

5 Likes

OK. Just did as you suggested. Now I have a new situation to research. This is now what I now see

:

Solved: I had a capital letter I instead of lowercase i for my index file.

Thanks Guys. Your assistance is much appreciated

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.