Need to add to DNS records

mediainc.co.uk

(please specify the URL of the site on which you are experiencing the problem)

Error Message

Nearly all my email is going into spam and I think that this will be resolved by adding DMARC and SPF text but I don’t know how to find/access the DNS records to action this/. Presumbably epizy.com

Other Information

(other information and details relevant to your question)

Hey there, As I recall, you can’t add DNS records from here; you have to login to your domain registrars account.

I’ve been doing that but it doesn’t work because the name servers they use are not epoxy ones. I had to change to using the epoxy ones sometime ago otherwise I received no emails at all. My emails go via Gmail who have amended their sensitivities to spam and so it’s the epoxy ones I need access to.

Try using Cloudflare as your DNS handler

6 Likes

Thank you. I’ll look into that (but not today, life has intervened!)

You can set SPF records here through the control panel section called “SPF Records”. Setting DKIM and DMARC however is not possible.

DKIM can be useful, but DMARC is mainly useful to prevent unauthorized email from being accepted, not with getting authorized email to be accepted.

It also doesn’t hurt to send a test email to mail-tester.com to identify any possible issues with your email.

5 Likes

I’m not sure how CloudFare would help in my situation because of the sub domain situation.

My issue is not that emails I send get received as spam but emails that I receive.

I’ve added a couple of extra MX records to add servers that are being used and added an spf that should allow google as my emails sent to my domain are passed to gmail. Don’t know if the format is correct and it seems to take a day or so to propagate.
v=spf1 include:_spf.google.com ~all

Using Cloudflare gives you full DNS controls, which our panel does not, so you can configure your DMARC and DKIM records. Be aware that with great power comes great responsibility, so don’t switch to Cloudflare if you don’t feel comfortable managing your own DNS records.

It seems good to me. If you’re in doubt, you can use an online validator such as this one: SPF Check & SPF Lookup - Sender Policy Framework (SPF) - MxToolBox

SPF may help, but there may be other reasons too. mail-tester.com is a good way to help find out.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.