MySQL wont connect

I put the mysql information into my settings file fo sql connection from the database i installed, however when trying to goto run my scripts it gives me this error

Warning : mysqli_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user ‘if0_34637438’@‘192.168.0.47’ (using password: YES) in /home/vol4_6/infinityfree.com/if0_34637438/htdocs/admin/settings.php on line 9
Connection failed: Access denied for user ‘if0_34637438’@‘192.168.0.47’ (using password: YES)

Why would my username be denied access to it’s own databases? lol that makes no sence.

MY code:

<?php // Database configuration $servername = "sql308.infinityfree.com"; $username = "if0_34637438"; $password = "Password_here"; $dbname = "if0_34637438_bingo_cards"; // Create a database connection $connection = mysqli_connect($servername, $username, $password, $dbname); // Check if the connection was successful if (!$connection) { die("Connection failed: " . mysqli_connect_error()); } ?>

Incorrect password.

4 Likes

No. the error says using password YES. thats not the issue.

The password must be correct, “using password: YES” implies that you have given the password but it is incorrect.

5 Likes

that is impossible because the password is correct. i’m using my panel password just like it says to use.

unless my password i login to infinity is different from the sql password, im thinking that the mysql server
must be broken.

The password must be same as the hosting account (the account for your website, not the one which you have logged into InfinityFree with)
If you believe that something has gone wrong then change the password of your hosting account, wait a few minutes then try to connect to the database using the new password.

10 Likes

ok so on my main panel i found that my login and vpanel passwords are different. thankyou @Ziverre you are awesome! my site is now up and running woohooo

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.