MySQL Version Too Low?

Website URL

(please specify the URL of the site on which you are experiencing the problem)

Error Message

MySQL database is not detected.

Other Information

I am trying to install a PHP Jabbers script and in the install wizard it says that a MySQL database is not detected and ‘the system does not support minimum software requirements’ even though from what I can see the version is high enough. I do have a MySQL database created via cpanel also.

TIA

For some reason the link didn’t work so here it is fully

http://perranbeachhouse.free.nf/RentalPropertyBookingCalendarDev/index.php?controller=pjInstaller&action=pjActionStep1&install=1

Wrong credentials?

3 Likes

When running locally, the script asks for creds in step 2, so idk whether thats it. I’m new to PHP and mysql but I made the database in cpanel by clicking mysql databases > entering a name > pressing create database.

http://perranbeachhouse.free.nf/index.php?controller=pjInstaller&action=pjActionStep1&install=1

I changed it to be the root but it made no difference.

I see the program is checking whether the PHP version is greater than 5.4 or not, which suggest that this program might be old. Our servers are indeed not using the standard MySQL Server, but MariaDB. It’s normally compatiable but this program might not be recognizing it.
You might want to use a newer alternative for your use case.

3 Likes

thank you, I managed to get it working by changing the code to ignore the check, and now it works fine. I went with this because my clients already use a script in a different side and its completely free :slight_smile:

1 Like

this is the kind of hack I tend to do :rofl: but you will need to do some thorough testing to be sure its compatible

good luck :+1:

2 Likes

Lol yeah there was an official option so I’m hoping it’s supported - but I’ll do some testing to make sure. It all looks good at the moment

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.