My pages only appear on Google if I type their exact URL

My pages only appear on Google if I type their exact URL, before it was normal, but I had problems with ads. I decided to use Google Search Console and it said that my site was already clean of harmful content, but it will be a month later and none of my content will appear in searches again. I don’t know if it was this problem that took my site out of searches, but it’s most likely.

Good SEO and a top level domain contribute to the website being shown in the first page of web search results.

7 Likes

Search engine ranking is up to the discretion of search engines. Whether your site comes up as a top search result depends on the search query and how relevant the search engine believes your site is to that query. It doesn’t necessarily indicate a security problem with your site, even a site that’s safe can still be ranked poorly.

If you’re concerned about search engine rankings, you may want to get a custom domain though. Free subdomains unfortunately have a poor reputation, and may make it a lot harder to rank in search engines.

6 Likes

The same page when I used wordpress.com came first in searches and now it doesn’t even appear in them, it must be in 100th place, I don’t know if it’s because of the free domain now or if I was penalized.

How can I get around this situation?

Came first for which search terms? You have mentioned neither the search terms you’re using, nor the website in question.

You may wish to:

4 Likes

This term: “como desenhar melhor”, my website is in Portuguese - Brazil: https://lucasdamascenodesenhorealista.wuaze.com/como-desenhar-melhor/

Is that a specific name or a generic term? Because if it’s a generic term, there will likely be MANY other websites that have similar content. A new and unknown site won’t just come up on top just because the page has the right name. Building good reputation takes time.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.