My honest opinion about infinityfree

Ive been a Infinityfree user 6 months (Maybe 4, the profile manager doesnt specify) and i have got some oppinions about infinityfree. Short awnser, its great! The ads dont bug me at all, The file manager is great and everything about infinityfree. Long awnser, I like it, but the TOS does get me concerned like how they can suspend me at any given time or how they have the right to sell my and my visitors data (Or thats what i heard from others…) . Im also concerned about how they can remove my websites data at any given time. All that aside, i still use it for my website! I get why you would sell my data, You are a free hosting service at all. Until i get more money for a private server, or find a better hosting service for free im sticking to using this! Would recommend, if you do not care about your data getting sold (which is what i heard) then this would be a good hosting service.

2 Likes

Those others are wrong. We don’t sell your or your visitors’ data. The only thing we sell is advertising space.

And I think that by law we are not allowed to sell personal data anyways (different interpretations of the GDPR say different things). I’m pretty sure that our terms also don’t state anything of the sort, and I don’t know of any clauses that could be misinterpreted like that.

Also, if other people claim things about our terms, please consider checking them yourself. While it’s still a legal document, we do try to make it easy to read and understand, so you can actually know and understand the rules when signing up.

We do share data with third parties, yes. But only for the purposes necessary to provide our services. We’re not selling data at the expense of your privacy. For example, to be able to send you an email, we need to share your email address with our email provider, as there is no way to send you the email without doing so. And our email provider only uses your email address for this purpose. And we need to pay for the email we send, we don’t get paid for your data.

This is true. But you have to remember that:

• There needs to be ground for suspension, notably abuse. We decide what constitutes abuse, but that doesn’t mean we can just suspend your account whenever we feel like it.
  • This is true for basically every hosting provider. All hosting providers will take action if they find you’re using their service to cause harm. By law, hosting providers are required to do so.
12 Likes

Thanks for clearing these things up!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.