My CNAME is not working

You need to extract it on your computer, then upload the extracted files using an FTP client inside of the htdocs folder.

3 Likes

which FTP client

1 Like

Filezilla is good one.

2 Likes

You can use any of them - but don’t use the Online File Manager, as it tends to struggle when uploading too many files and especially can’t extract files efficiently! FileZilla is a good one, but you can also try WinSCP, Cyberduck and the like.

4 Likes

filezilla client or server

1 Like

FileZilla Client.

2 Likes

sir i am trying to install adlinkfly script but i am unable to do that

please help. i uploaded the extracted zip content in .htdocs folder but now site not accessable.

https://ferrorterurls.rf.gd/

Now it gives a HTTP ERROR 500:

Oh, and if you want to host an URL shortener service, please make sure you don’t allow things that might violate our Terms of Service. You might also be better off if you restrict it so that only trusted people (or you) can use it only for safe URLs, and not direct people to malware, phishing, spam sites and the like.

2 Likes

see. this shortner is only for my use. i am only going to use it. i am unable to install the script. please help me or install me in my site

Well, I linked you an article you can follow so you can enable Display Errors on your website so we can understand what is the error. Please read it.

i am not a teachnical type man. i dont understand it.

From the article:

1. Login to your control panel.
  2. Go to Alter PHP Config.
  3. Select the domain name you are trying to debug and click Alter PHP Directives.
  4. Set “Display Errors” to “On” and click the Alter PHP Directives to save.

This is to show the actual error instead of hiding behind 500.

4 Likes

OK, here is the simplified version of it. To enable Display Errors on your website, you have to:

1. Login to your Client Area.
  2. Go to the hosting account where your subdomain is.
  3. Enter the Control Panel.

Like so you logged into the Control Panel, and first step done. Then:

1. Scroll down and click on “Alter PHP Config”.
  2. Click on “Alter PHP Directives” next to your subdomain.
  3. Set “Display Errors” to “On” and click on “Alter PHP Directives” to save it.
3 Likes

see

Oh, now the error is on the .htaccess side (the 500 is not generated by the browser anymore but by the server itself). Check the .htaccess file and correct any errors if necessary.

what to check ?

Now the error is generated by the browser again, so Display Errors is off again! Maybe the rules applied inside the .htaccess file (the ones that the “Alter PHP Directives” thingy did) interfered with what you had inside the .htaccess file of the software (if there is one).

ok. is there any way to upload the zip directly to the hosting.

use ftp client also i could not upload upload the zip that was of 22mb

There is no way you can upload the ZIP file directly to the hosting, as it weighs 22 MBs and it exceeds the file size limit of 10 MBs, which is explained in this article:

And if you succeeded in uploading it even by splitting it, you couldn’t extract the files using the Online File Manager as it takes too much (and doing so will also increase the load on the server where it’s hosted). That’s why you had to extract it on your computer first, then using FileZilla upload the files.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.