Missing a temporary folder.

Same problem here, WordPress 6.4.1, doing this error right after trying to upload a new image with the media manager.
No max inodes used. 57 % (17116 of 30019)
No max space used 371 MB - Disk Free: 4752 MB
Any clues?

2 Likes

No idea on what is going on with the server configuration but this website provides an alternative workaround:

4 Likes

I have the same issue and tried this fix. It did not work for me. :+1:

1 Like

I have the same problem…

2 Likes

I have the same problem, when i try to upload media in a gallery of images. this is mi website, please help me i tried to put this custom value on wp-config :
define(‘WP_TEMP_DIR’, dirname(FILE) . ‘/wp-content/temp/’); and make the folder temp in the route specifed but did´nt work http://danportfolio.kesug.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=34&action=edit

1 Like

Ok, with that additional information, please try the following:

I highly recommend you make a backup of your site before making these changes

1. Open the online file manager (You can modify the file offline and rehollad if you wish as well)

2. Locate your wp-config.php file

3. At the END of the file, paste the following code:

define('WP_TEMP_DIR', dirname(__FILE__) .'/wp-content/temp/');
  1. Save and close the file, then open the “wp-content” folder

2. Create a new folder (Inside the “wp-content” folder) and call it “temp” (Capitalization, or lack there of, matters!)

3. Take another backup of your site if it works correctly

Backup instructions:

@FOXgit @hamzaasif @SoftHub @DanzoBlade

4 Likes

Ok, I have done the steps you mention but I still have the same problem, additionally I noticed that when I press “refresh” to save the changes of something else I get the error: “server error (400 bad request)” I also tried to open an incognito tab Yes you were working with old cookies but the problem persists. Please review it

1 Like

I’m having the same issue with a non-Wordpress site. I’m trying to upload an image from a php form, and the file fails to upload. It returns error code 6:

UPLOAD_ERR_NO_TMP_DIR, value 6, means that no temporary directory is specified in the php.ini.

1 Like

I have not WP

on my localhost upload image is working, but on infinityfree no
im have problem on @FILES[‘file’][‘error’] return 6

I am also having this issue after doing the “fix”

Okay, I’ve tried this again but named the folder “tmp” instead of “temp”. This time, editing the wp-config didn’t result in a white screen.
The fix has fixed installing plugins, but not uploading media and customizing the site.

:point_down:

5 Likes

:pensive:

hey, has it been fixed?

No, not yet. please be patient.

3 Likes

I see double entry.

Are you sure this is the correct instruction?

4 Likes

The bad problem sometimes ,the directoryIndex set is not worked with certain folder name .
I have a website . http://pageimage.epizy.com

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.