Membership checkbox

is there any issues with turning on the option for membership that everyone can sign up in general settings on wordpress?
idk if its on my end or no.

Hi ERFAN_REV,

It depends on whether you want members on your site. Enabling that option allows people to register on your site for free and potentially subscribe to whatever you have to offer. It’s a way of growing your site, but it also can gather bot registrations so beware for that as well.

Cheers!

6 Likes

I’m really sorry for saying this, but your information wasn’t helpful AT ALL!
I asked a clear technical question but you answered it generally.
anyways, thank you.

Hi ERFAN_REV,

Not sure why you would define this yes or no format to be a technical form of asking.

Would you please very clearly specify which technical factor are you interested in?

You can use professional terms or function names to get very technical with your inquiry.

Cheers!

5 Likes

I’m sorry to say this, but your question was not clear, and it did not appear to be technical, either. From your clarification however, I’m guessing that you were not interested in knowing if there are any issues with activating the option, but that you’re facing an issue when activating that option? What is the error that you’re seeing?

7 Likes

Your question was neither clear nor technical. But if you’re asking whether there are any technical restrictions to be aware of when enabling public registration, then there is a very clear answer:

No, there are no technical restrictions.

There are also no policy restrictions on our end. The main “issues” you should be aware of are related to spam. So when you ask us if there are “any issues”, then that’s the thing we will tell you about.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.