Login to wordpress?

web site: mirafeiner.com

I added the wordpress plugin on infinityfree
and probably got a username and password created on infinityfree

as a result I need to sign in through 4-5 windows before I can reach the wordpress admin and edit the site.
Is there a way that I can find out what is my username and password for wordpress and login directly through WordPress.com ?

I tried using my email that i put on infinityfree, but since it’s an email I used in the past for a different website, it didn’t work and didn’t connect me to my current website.

any ideas?

Reset using this method. Read on

1 Like

WordPress.com and Wordpress.org are completely different. You can’t self-host WordPress and then login to WordPress.com.

If you installed WordPress via softaculous, you were asked for a username and password for your admin dashboard as part of the installation process. You will want to enter that information in the /wp-admin page of your website.

Right now, I see a database connection error on your site. Read this:

4 Likes

Thank you I was able to find out what my username and password are, but still i am not sure where I can put them so that I will stay logged in to my wordpress panel. it keeps logging me out. is there anything i can do?

wow there are many options to why I have this problem and I’m not sure how to find out what I need to change. this is a bit complex. maybe there is an easy way to find out the reason for the error?

What do you mean exactly by keeps logging you out?

From what I could find, the issue is either caused by your browser clearing cookies too aggressively, or because the website URL in WordPress is not configured correctly.

Regarding that last problem, this article goes into more detail about that:

It’s really not that difficult. All you do is go to your website, see which error message you see there, and find the section in the article that matches your error message.

Right now, your site just says “Error establishing a database connection”, which means WordPress is unable to connect to the database but doesn’t tell you why. To learn why, you can enable WP_DEBUG mode: Debugging in WordPress – Documentation

With that option enabled, you should see a more technical error message. You should be able to find that error message in the article above. If you don’t, or if you have trouble making sense of it, please share the error message here so we can help you.

4 Likes

Thank you. I read all the articles.
the url is correct in both lines on wordpress configuration.
I tried to add the debug to the code, but could not find where to put it.
I read the article about downloading FTP filezilla , but when trying to follow the guide, I couldn’t log in with filezilla into the database and add there the line for debugging
this is the error message I get sometimes when trying to go on the website itself:

As it says in the article:

WP_DEBUG is a PHP constant (a permanent global variable) that can be used to trigger the “debug” mode throughout WordPress. It is assumed to be false by default and is usually set to true in the wp-config.php file on development copies of WordPress.

That means you need to add it to the wp-config.php file. If you check the wp-config.php file of your site, you’ll see that there is already a line that contains WP_DEBUG. If you replace false in that line with true, you can reload the page to see the error message.

That’s because FileZilla is used for file management, not database management. But for enabling debug mode, I recommend to use our file manager, it’s the easiest way for quick edits.

2 Likes

how do I check my wp-config.php file on the site?
I don’t know where to find it

It’s either

/htdocs or domain/htdocs

2 Likes

thank you.
can you explain how to get there from the infinityfree dashboard?

In the client area, go to the Domains page. Next to your domain name, click the File Manager button. You’ll be logged in to the folder of that domain name, so you can simply open the wp-config.php which is there in front of you.

3 Likes

I Found wp-config.php , but on that specific file is there is no “edit” option. do I need to download it in order to edit it?

Clicking it opens a context menu which contains an Edit option.

That should have been fairly easy to find our yourself if you tried though. Could you please try to find the option yourself next time? It takes a lot less time than having to wait for us for hours to tell you which button to press next.

2 Likes

I did this myself and did not have the option to edit for that specific document. I did have the edit option for other documents which are not wp-config. this is why I asked this.

The file manager has a list of file extensions that are safe to edit. This includes all files that end with .php, which means you can edit the wp-config.php file too.

I did remember something though. How big is your screen? And can you clearly see the top and bottom of the context menu when you click the wp-config.php file?

On small screens, the context menu is too big (or placed inconveniently) that some menu options are placed outside the visible area of the screen. If this happens to you, you may need to zoom out to see the missing options.

3 Likes

Thank you
the edit button that didn’t appear last time, appeared now. I turned “false” into “true”.
now how can I know what is the problem with the sign in?

Follow the instructions from before

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.