Joomla not working (it was working before)

Error Message

Call to undefined function Joomla\CMS\Filesystem\set_time_limit()

Other Information

My website started to give the set_time_limit error 2-3 days ago but before that it was working completely fine.

This issue is still going for 3 days so I decided to make a post about it, I saw the function being disabled and Joomla is not working without this function. I assumed the function was disabled because the PHP Upgrade and will be activated but my website is still down.

What can I do to make Joomla work? I hope nobody just tries to exploit the website while its not working because I think its unprotected right now because of the outages.

No, this function has always been disabled in our hosting, please check the answer in a similar topic:

4 Likes

this error started 2-3 days ago and my website is still down, if there is no fix then show me how can I move it to another host.

If you’ve found a new hosting provider, you can ask them. Alternatively, this guide works for moving websites to InfinityFree, but parts of it apply for moving out as well:

2 Likes

I managed to fix the error myself,

here is how to fix it;
go to htdocs/libraries/src/Filesystem/Folder.php
and delete the set_time_limit functions (the whole line that function is being used)

then go to htdocs/administrator/components/com_scheduler/src/Scheduler/Scheduler.php
search for “// Let’s try to avoid time-outs” and delete the whole “if” function.

this should work if you installed joomla from softaculous and getting this error.

7 Likes

Hello. Thank you for your support.
I tried it but:

-When you say “delete the set_time_limit functions (the whole line that function is being used)” do you mean that I have to delete the text “@set_time_limit(ini_get(‘max_execution_time’))”?. I can find 3 of those texts, at lines number 44, 310 and 615.

-I don’t have a com_scheduler folder at Components.

Thanks.

EDIT: I got it! I just deleted those lines (nothing about missing com_scheduler folder) and the issue is gone!

Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.