I upload a valid ssl cert but my site keeps using an old invalid one

I purchased an SSL certificate and uploaded it on my panel, but the website is still using the old invalid cert. I uploaded the new cert to my certificate authorities store but I am still getting the error message of my old invalid certificate. I am using a Comodo SSL certificate.
Do SSL changes take more time to go into effect, or is it something else I’m missing?

@KetchupMaster said:
I purchased an SSL certificate and uploaded it on my panel, but the website is still using the old invalid cert. I uploaded the new cert to my certificate authorities store but I am still getting the error message of my old invalid certificate. I am using a Comodo SSL certificate.
Do SSL changes take more time to go into effect, or is it something else I’m missing?

As far as what I understand you.
This is because you haven’t uploaded the CA certificate and this certificate is to show that if your ssl was issued on a trusted CA.

@UnknownLolz said:

As far as what I understand you.
This is because you haven’t uploaded the CA certificate and this certificate is to show that if your ssl was issued on a trusted CA.

I’m not sure what you mean by that. The certificate authority is Comodo RSA and the certificate for that is already in the trusted root certificate authorities store. I uploaded the certificate to both my certificate authorities store and in the specific area in the panel.

@KetchupMaster said:

@UnknownLolz said:

As far as what I understand you.
This is because you haven’t uploaded the CA certificate and this certificate is to show that if your ssl was issued on a trusted CA.

I’m not sure what you mean by that. The certificate authority is Comodo RSA and the certificate for that is already in the trusted root certificate authorities store. I uploaded the certificate to both my certificate authorities store and in the specific area in the panel.

You can upload or install the private key, csr and your certificate to InfinityFree but you can’t install or upload the CA certificate.

@KetchupMaster said:
I purchased an SSL certificate and uploaded it on my panel, but the website is still using the old invalid cert. I uploaded the new cert to my certificate authorities store but I am still getting the error message of my old invalid certificate. I am using a Comodo SSL certificate.
Do SSL changes take more time to go into effect, or is it something else I’m missing?

Your browser or DNS sometimes cache the previous SSL.
Try clearing your browser’s cache and flushing the DNS cache and tell us what happened.


Are you sure you uploaded the certificate and not the CA one in cPanel? CA won't work.

I agree with @ChrisPAR , I suspect the issue is caused by your browser caching the old certificate. But I’m not sure you can clear that particular cache in your browser, or that flushing DNS cache will help with SSL issues.

Did you check this article and read the “After installing your certificate” section? https://infinityfree.net/support/how-to-install-an-ssl-certificate/

@Admin said:
I agree with @ChrisPAR , I suspect the issue is caused by your browser caching the old certificate. But I’m not sure you can clear that particular cache in your browser, or that flushing DNS cache will help with SSL issues.

Did you check this article and read the “After installing your certificate” section? https://infinityfree.net/support/how-to-install-an-ssl-certificate/

I flushed my DNS, and that somewhat worked. I still get the “not secure” error but when I click it it says that my certificate is valid. When I put my domain through an ssl checker it says that my certificate chain is incomplete even though there are 3 certificates in the chain.

@KetchupMaster said:

@Admin said:
I agree with @ChrisPAR , I suspect the issue is caused by your browser caching the old certificate. But I’m not sure you can clear that particular cache in your browser, or that flushing DNS cache will help with SSL issues.

Did you check this article and read the “After installing your certificate” section? https://infinityfree.net/support/how-to-install-an-ssl-certificate/

I flushed my DNS, and that somewhat worked. I still get the “not secure” error but when I click it it says that my certificate is valid. When I put my domain through an ssl checker it says that my certificate chain is incomplete even though there are 3 certificates in the chain.

Yep, this is definitely because you haven’t installed the CA certificate and it is used to verify if your SSL was issued from a trusted CA.
Chrome will still trust your site since it actually works without CA certificate.

Keep in mind that CA certificate is different from your origin or site certificate.

Actually, never mind. I just had to restart chrome to get it working properly.

Also this is where you insert or install your CA certificate, but InfinityFree doesn’t support this. So, this will cause an incomplete certificate chain.