I need to get a webpage hosted. Can someone help me? This is my first time here at InfinityFree

Okay. I went through that process, I clicked on “Free SSL Certificate” and followed the instructions to getting a free certificate. Should I do it again?

I will also need to go back to the .htaccess file and put in the contents from that article. As I mentioned, I did it but closed my browser before saving it. I will do that later today.

After you see the record is propagated on that page, you can request the certificate (if you wanna go back to your certificate’s DNS status page click on the last SSL certificate record for your domain inside the “Free SSL Certificates” section of the Control Panel). Then refresh the page every once in a while until you see the install button, and click on it, and after you’ve done that you can save the .htaccess file with the changes you made! I’m sorry for the late reply, but I was playing a game.

JxstErg1,

I clicked on “Free SSL Certificate” and it shows the status as “Draft.” However, when I clicked on my domain name, (shown under the word "DOMAIN) I’m sent to a page where there is message in orange telling me that the account must be active to install CNAME records.

The certificate cannot be installed because the account is not active.

I then clicked on my username for my account. ( epiz_34350933) And now I found out why the account is not active. It has been temporarily suspended! It has to do with the hit limit. I went over or above the hit limit.

The message then says my account will be reactivated automatically in 8 hours from now. I don’t want to wait 8 hours from now!

The message then mentions iFastNet to migrate my website quickly and for free, even if my account is suspended.

There’s no way that you can speed up reactivation.If you really don’t want to wait for another 8 hours,as it said,upgrade to premium.
However getting premium doesn’t activate your infinityfree account,it gives you a new premium account at iFastNet.See

for more information.

5 Likes

That’s alright! I’ll wait the 8 hours. I can still have clients contact me through advertisements using my phone number and email address. But I need to know how I can help prevent my account from being suspended again.

To prevent this you can use cloudflare.Take these as reference:

Keep in mind that if you really have A LOT OF customers,cloudflare can’t help that much.But normally it will work.

3 Likes

Do I have to wait for my account with InfinityFree to be reactivated again before I could add my website to Cloudflare?

I don’t think so.You can always add those records in cloudflare as long as your domain is pointing to cloudflare nameservers,while you can always change the ns since you own the domain.

3 Likes

Can you check with someone just to make sure and get back with me, please?

You might just try it as I was finding no clue for this(Neither here or the CF forum).
Anyway this process is painless,free,and you can revert it at any time.If it doesn’t work,just wait that 8h and then retry.

1 Like

No need

4 Likes

I still need to go back to the .htaccess file that I created and put in the contents from that article you showed me. I’ll do that later today before I add my website to Cloudflare.

No need to modify .htaccess if you are using full-mode SSL on CloudFlare

2 Likes

I did not know. Thanks for telling me. Just to confirm, I only need to change the nameservers to my website on the Cloudflare website. I keep the nameservers to my website on the InfinityFree website. Am I correct?

No, you need to change it on your domain registrar

3 Likes

And my domain registrar is GoDaddy. Okay, I will go there and put in the nameservers for Cloudflare after I have added my website to Cloudflare.

Just to confirm once again, when I go to GoDaddy, I keep the nameservers for the website on the account I have with InfinityFree. Only put in the nameservers for the same website for the account I have with Cloudflare?

Or do I need remove those nameservers for the website on the account I have with InfinityFree keeping only the nameservers for the same website for the account I have with Cloudflare?

I just want to make sure I’m clear on this.

Also, what must I do on this page from Cloudflare below that says? “Review your DNS records.”

You’ll have to keep only Cloudflare’s nameservers on your domain, don’t keep our nameservers as mixing multiple sets is not recommended for normal operation of your website. Also, the configuration is OK, but the IP the ftp subdomain is pointing to isn’t. It should be pointing to 185.27.134.11 instead, or removed completely as you can also use ftpupload.net or the IP I told you before as host for FTP connection.

2 Likes

Okay. Is it the IP or the FTP subdomain I need to change to 185.27.134.11, or both? And should this change only be made after I updated the domain registrar at GoDaddy with the nameservers from Cloudflare?

The content of the record needs to be that IP, not the name. And you can change records at any time, even after you changed nameservers at GoDaddy’s nameserver change panel.

1 Like