I can't delete a sqlite file

Hello,
I can’t delete a sqlite file in ma ftp space, here is the error message:

Commande :	DELE utils\gallery.sqlite
Réponse :	553 Prohibited file name: utils\gallery.sqlite

Please help.

have you change permissions on the file ? you may have locked yourself out of being able to delete it

thats one possibility I could think of, there could be other reasons

3 Likes

Thanks for the quick response.

I just tried but unfortunately it doesn’t work:

Commande :	SITE CHMOD 744 utils\gallery.sqlite
Réponse :	553 Prohibited file name: utils\gallery.sqlite

A misconception in my app caused the creation of this file but I have solved that point.
I think the problem lies in the server configuration and I can’t do much from here. Hoping an infinity mod pass by to help.

It seems you created a file with a backslash in the name. That’s not an acceptable character for file names, and behavior surrounding such files may be inconsistent.

And it seems that while PHP lets you create such files without any problems, FTP (and the file manager) do not.

I think the best way to remove this file is through PHP. To do so, create a PHP file in the same folder as this file, say, deletefile.php with the following contents:

<?php

if (unlink('utils\gallery.sqlite')) {
    echo "File deleted!";
} else {
    echo "Unable to delete file!";
}

Then, open access this file from your browser (like http://example.com/deletefile.php).

11 Likes

Thank you very much. It worked :smiley:

5 Likes

@Admin well done spotting that backslash :star:

Even though my laptop is linux my job involves working with windows all day and I looked at the filename several times but that backslash didn’t ring any alarm bells with me sorry

damn you microsoft :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.