HTTPS connection reset / TLS handshake failure on vural.infinityfreeapp.com

Website URL

https://vural.infinityfreeapp.com/

Error Message

a

Other Information

Title: HTTPS connection reset / TLS handshake failure on vural.infinityfreeapp.com

Hello,

I’m having an HTTPS/SSL issue with my free subdomain:

Website: https://vural.infinityfreeapp.com/
IP address: 185.27.134.112

The website is not accessible over HTTPS. Multiple users are experiencing the same issue, so this does not appear to be limited to my computer or local network.

In Chrome, the website fails to load and the connection is reset.

I also tested the connection from Windows using curl:

curl --noproxy "*" -vk --max-time 20 https://vural.infinityfreeapp.com/

Trying 185.27.134.112:443...
Recv failure: Connection was reset
schannel: failed to receive handshake, SSL/TLS connection failed
curl: (35) Recv failure: Connection was reset

DNS resolves correctly to 185.27.134.112, and TCP connection to port 443 can be reached, but the TLS handshake is reset before an HTTP request can be processed.

Because multiple users are seeing the same problem, could you please check the SSL/TLS configuration and SNI mapping for vural.infinityfreeapp.com on the server?

It looks like a server-side HTTPS/SSL issue rather than a PHP or application problem.

Could you please investigate and let me know whether the SSL configuration for this subdomain needs to be repaired or regenerated?

Thank you.

Welcome to the InfinityFree community forum! Good to have you here.

  • Most people answering here are volunteers. They’re often the fastest source of help. Admin (the only staff member) checks in about once a day for issues on our end.
  • Volunteers can’t see your account or website. Share what you actually see, like error messages and what happens when you try something. That’s more useful than your theory of what’s wrong.
  • AI tools often get InfinityFree wrong. If a volunteer’s advice differs from what an AI told you, please try the volunteer’s suggestion first.
  • Solving an issue is a joint effort. Try the suggestions you get and report back what happened.

Beep boop, I’m a bot! I dug through the forum to get you started. I sometimes get things wrong though, so do with this what you will until a human has a look.

I can’t tell from this whether it’s a server-side fault. But there’s no per-site SSL setup on your subdomain to repair or regenerate. This article says free subdomains are covered by a system-wide SSL certificate that is active from the moment the subdomain exists:

The same article says that “waiting for it to be installed” won’t help, because there is no such process. It also says the certificate only covers direct subdomains like yours, not www. or deeper subdomains. Your URL is a direct subdomain, so that limitation doesn’t apply.

To narrow down where the reset happens, I need two things:

  • Does http://vural.infinityfreeapp.com/ (without the S) load, or is it reset too?
  • Does the HTTPS address fail from a completely different network, such as a phone on mobile data? You said other people see it too, so it would help to know whether any of them are on different ISPs.

If HTTP works and HTTPS fails everywhere, that points at something I can’t see or fix from here, and a person would need to look at it. If HTTP fails as well, the problem is probably broader than the certificate.

I checked the issue and it seems like there were some intermittent issues on the IP address your website was on this morning, between roughly 8:30 and 10:00 according to my monitoring.

It seems to be stable now in the last 40 minutes, so let’s hope it lasts.

Thank you for checking.

Unfortunately, the issue is still occurring. The website is still intermittently inaccessible over HTTPS, and multiple users are experiencing the same problem.

I have also tested the connection directly with curl and I still get:

Recv failure: Connection was reset
schannel: failed to receive handshake, SSL/TLS connection failed
curl: (35) Recv failure: Connection was reset

So even though the issue may have been stable for the last 40 minutes on your monitoring, the problem is still reproducible from our side.

Could you please check the server/IP again, especially the HTTPS/TLS connection and SSL configuration for:

https://vural.infinityfreeapp.com/

Thank you for your help.

Seems to be working

If your still facing issues, can you share a screenshot of the error

Thank you for checking.

I would like to clarify the situation. The website is currently working correctly on my mobile phone, but it still does not work on my PC.

On the PC, the HTTPS connection is reset during the TLS handshake and I get this error:

Recv failure: Connection was reset
schannel: failed to receive handshake, SSL/TLS connection failed
curl: (35) Recv failure: Connection was reset

The important point is that the same website, https://vural.infinityfreeapp.com/, opens normally on my phone.

This makes me think the issue may be related to the connection between the PC/network and the server rather than the PHP application itself.

Could you please check whether there is any IP, firewall, SSL/TLS, or server-side restriction affecting connections from some networks or clients?

Thank you.

As you’ll see above, I’m a volunteer and don’t have access to check the server.

It sounds like your isp may be blocking the domain. Do you get the same problem if you connect your mobile to your WiFi?

Your topic is about HTTPS not working with extensive evidence. But did you check whether HTTP does work? That would help narrow down the issue a lot.