How to start learning python?

Hello everyone!

Want to know how to start to learn Python and How much time it will take to complete python course?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome.

Many websites offer free courses for Python such as W3Schools and FreeCodeCamp. But you won’t learn just by reading code or watching someone code, so you have to start trying to make Python projects yourself. The more you fail, the more you learn.

It depends on how often you practice it, but my guess is a couple of months.

10 Likes

It also depends on what experience you already have. Have you been programming in other languages already? If so, it will be easier to learn an additional programming language. Especially if you already know a language that’s somewhat similar, Python is more similar to PHP or Ruby than C or Go.

To learn a new programming language, I personally just look for a tutorial to code along with so I can get a bit of a feeling for the basic syntax. No need to learn the entire syntax, just get enough of a feeling that you can combine snippets of code.

After that, I try to pick up a specific project to do, like something I actually want to build, or a framework I want to learn. At first, I have to search online for every line of code, but with every line I re-type in my own code, I try to understand it and memorize it. As your code grows, you’ll start searching for less and less things.

But that’s my preferred way of learning. Some prefer exhaustive courses. Some prefer written stuff, some prefer videos. Python is one of the most popular programming languages in the world, so a very large number of tutorials, guides and courses exist, so there is a big chance that your can find something that works for your way of learning.

It depends on the course and on how fast you learn. It could take half an hour or half a decade.

10 Likes

Thank you so much @YT_Xaos for your advice! But how can I being a professional by myself?

Thank you @Admin! I know C/C++ and some knowledge of PHP then what course would be good for me…

Well, depends. Are you planning to be certified or just consider yourself a professional because you can develop apps in a particular language proficiently? If it’s the latter, all you have to do is practice every day so that you become good at that language. If it’s the former, you’ll probably want to get a certificate from a trustworthy source. Though I don’t have any certification other than an IT one so if you want more information on that, maybe someone else can provide you with it but if not, you’ll have to do your own research.

5 Likes
6 Likes

Thank you @chiucs123

3 Likes

It’s great to see so many different opinions and approaches to learning Python. Each person has their own unique way of absorbing new information, so what works for one might not work as effectively for another.

In my experience, I’ve found that a combination of structured learning through courses or tutorials, coupled with hands-on project work, can be really beneficial. Starting with a foundational understanding of Python syntax through a structured course can provide a solid framework to build upon. However, the real learning often happens when you apply that knowledge to actual projects.

I recommend starting with small, manageable projects that interest you, whether it’s building a simple web application, automating a task, or analyzing data. As you work through these projects, you’ll encounter challenges and learn new concepts along the way.

Ultimately, the key is to find a learning approach that resonates with you and keeps you engaged. Whether it’s through online courses, tutorials, books, or a combination of resources, the important thing is to keep practicing and experimenting.

Still if you have any doubts related to Python skills then you can feel free to connect Python Training course providers. Here is the list of well know python training course providers in many cities like Noida, Delhi, Pune, Hyderabad, Bhopal and others your nearest.

1. Simplilearn
  2. Udemy
  3. W3school
  4. Uncodemy
  5. Cetpa
  6. Coursera
  7. Excelr
  8. Kvch
  9. Ducat
  10. Madrid

Best of luck on your Python learning journey!"

1 Like

:thinking:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.