How to run infinityfree wordpress site locally on your machine

I have a WordPress website that is hosted on infinityfree. I want to download it and run it via wamp server but when I downloaded the htdocs directory using filezilla and opened it using wamp, It says error 500 it tried to change the mysql credentials and hostname in the .htaccess file but it didn’t change anything, and the error keeps popping.
can somoene please provide me steps to run the Wordpress site locally?
thank you

Add this line into your .htaccess file:

php_flag display_errors on
4 Likes

I tried what you said but there were no errors displayed unfortunately.

Have you tried restarting the apache server then? I’m not sure where you are putting it + you are no longer hosting on Infinityfree which means nobody here will know how you have configured it.

2 Likes

i looked through apache logs and i saw this error which probably is the problem:

Invalid command ‘Header’, perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

Figured out that you need to enable display_errors via the php.ini file, please remove the code which I provided at first!

3 Likes

so,

you will need

ini_set('display_errors', 1);
ini_set('display_startup_errors', 1);
error_reporting(E_ALL);
1 Like

It won’t always work if the error is caused by a syntax error or under certain situations.

3 Likes

WordPress overrides the standard PHP error settings with their own configuration. But you can enable error messages by enabling debug mode in WordPress:

That’s not actually a WordPress issue. If I Google the error message, I see this error means that your Apache web server is missing the modules required to use the Headers directive in .htaccess files.

Judging by this post, you should be able to enable the Apache Headers module through the WAMP configuration:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.