so you can import txt DNS for verify in zoho
i check my domain with zoho itself tools

that entry in photo is my SPF record
and its work as TXT
so you can import zoho verify TXT code as SPF in your panel
good luck

hi
i sending a message and i hope you check it

1. you can verify with dns on zoho with ssl , the problem is if you want to use html to verify your domain should support http , but in my case i make my whole domain traffic goes through https so zoho bot don’t support https for verify
  2. i use infinity free subdomain (free.nf)
1 Like

Thanks for helping me out and i verified my subdomain successfully on zoho mail and

now i have a problem when i have to configure DKIM in txt record im pasting that DKIM value in Spf record but when i click on add an error message comes as "Illegal characters in record part DKIM Value so how can i add that value in spf for DKIM confg

You cannot set up DKIM records with InfinityFree DNS. It only allows MX and SPF records.

Unless you manage your own DNS somewhere else (besides InfinityFree) you won’t be able to do it.

I switched all my stuff over to ImprovMX using Gmail and it’s working great.

4 Likes

Thanks for info **but im getting an error when im adding that DKIM value as illegal characters in record such as # or $ etc **
and if i make any change in that value or remove those illegal characters then the whole value will be changed
so what i can do now to add value without illegal characters

1 Like

I’m telling you – it can’t be done. I’ve tried it 10 different ways. So have other people. You can’t set up DKIM records on InfinityFree DNS. It’s just that simple. It doesn’t matter what characters you type. You can’t create a valid DKIM record:

“Unlike most DNS TXT records, DKIM records are stored under a specialized name, not just the name of the domain. DKIM record names follow this format:”

[selector]._domainkey.[domain]

:point_up_2: This is the part that you can’t set up.

2 Likes

I Have problem arising in setting DKIM Value/destination as v=: k=***** :p=***
so do you have any tip to add DKIM successfully for this part

It cannot be done for free subdomain

5 Likes

The answer is: you can’t set up valid DKIM records

It doesn’t matter what the values are. The problem is that your host is listed as “cathat.free.nf” not “cathat._domainkey.free.nf”. You cannot change this value. Thus, you can’t set up a valid DKIM record in DNS. You cannot use the default “host” value for DKIM record the way you do for other TXT records. The host values for DKIM records are in a very specific format which you cannot do with InfinityFree DNS.

4 Likes

so if we take domainkey in consideration then no can setup DKIM Records as domainkey part is not present in everyones domain/subdomain

1 Like

Other services allow you to add DKIM records to your DNS.

InfinityFree does not.

Unless you can add a TXT record with the host listed as "cathat._domainkey.free.nf” then it will not work.

Your options are:

1. Use another email forwarding service like ImprovMX
  2. Use different DNS servers like CloudFlare (only works on custom domain)
  3. Upgrade to Premium hosting and then you can have more control over your DNS settings

Also:

You can just ignore the DKIM warning in Zoho. As long as you have MX and SPF records set up you can send / receive email. They will keep bugging you about setting up DKIM but you can ignore it. The problem with this is that some domains will block your emails because you don’t have DKIM set up (e.g. Hotmail). But, I was able to send / receive email without DKIM records through Zoho. I just think that ImprovMX is a much better solution now.

Thanks for your amazing info and with everyones help i was able to create business email on Improvmx and my email is running smoothly but only problem is messages get delivered late in our gmail and on other hand im still trying to create business email with zoho

can you please tell me details about your business email i mean with which service provider you are connected zoho or improvmx or other and also is your domain a subdomain or custom domain

2 Likes

Hello There
I created my business email with zoho by completing all mentioned process but only problem is i cant setup DKIM config in my cpanel so what you did for DKIM Configuration please share

Please read

5 Likes

Hi. I switched to ImprovMX using this guide and it works with my free subdomain. My email is [email protected] and it forwards to my Gmail account.

I have also set up an alias in Gmail so when I compose a new message I can select who the “From” email is. My choices are either my Gmail address or my fresh.infinityfreeapp.com address.

But all sending and receiving is done via Gmail.

The InfinityFree account I am using is a free subdomain but it is the only one on my InfinityFree account (e.g. it’s not another subdomain of my free account).

2 Likes

So whose email services are best Zoho or Improvmx in terms of sending and receiving emails and not go into recipent spam folder etc based on your experience

When I used Zoho a lot of my messages were blocked because of the DKIM thing. I would have to say that ImprovMX is the way to go.

2 Likes

Hi @TusharPalve22 @solace-ken,

Actually, there’s a way of setting DKIM with Cloudflare if you have your own domain. You can sign up free at Cloudflare, then put in your new domain as your new website, wait for all the DNS records to be copied through automatically, and when it says ready you can add that DKIM on Cloudflare DNS.

As far as I can tell, DKIM has nothing to do with recipient spam issues, rather it’s about whether SPF records have been properly setup, up and if the content contains way too many images or links. Business newsletters that are cold-delivered may be an issue for spam.

Have people sign up on your mailing list with double confirmation, email verification can help you keep your domain score clean, this has nothing to do with the hosting of your choice as long as their ASN is a business one. InfinityFree is sponsored by iFastNet which is one of those ASN I have mentioned.

3rd party mailing providers like Zoho and ImrpovMX require DKIM to validate and prevent your domain from being spoofed. DKIM is used to prevent someone else from publishing your domain DNS record and claiming to be you. As these providers do not have control over your domain, this is the best way they could verify requests coming from you. This has nothing to do with email sending or receiving but more a security thing. They can’t just let anyone claiming to be apple.com send emails by the name apple.com, right?

Meanwhile, it is possible to send emails with the PHP mail() function as per this post 4th comment by @Oxy
How do I set up SMTP? - #11, but do honour their restrictions to avoid issues as well.

On a side note, if you intend to use mail() natively on your current hosting, be sure to add an IP allow rule in your SPF record for your non-marketing emails to land in recipients’ inboxes. Your website IP address is located in your client dashboard.

Cheers
-chiucs123.

1 Like

Doesn’t apply here:

While you may be technically right on what DKIM does, it was designed to detect email spoofing, used commonly in phishing and spam attacks, as mentioned in Wikipedia’s article.

Google also mentions that messages without it are more easily marked as spam:

Maybe, but it is so restricted it is to be considered unusable:

6 Likes

Hi @ChrisPAR,

In this case, @TusharPalve22 can get a free domain on eu.org and then bind it to Cloudflare (also free). This way, at least he can get a domain for free that works with Cloudflare and have free DKIM DNS records on his new domain and send emails with whichever SMTP provider he wants.

Actually he can also use the email routing that Cloudflare offers but I didn’t get too deep into that.

Technically DKIM is for reference, but you’re right that more major email services are depending on DKIM to identify spam emails.

Maybe try Mailgun, SendGrid, Mailtrap, or the very expensive Mailchimp?
Try starting with a small email list that fits within the free trial then send more with the paid plans when the business starts to generate earnings.

Cheers!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.