Host a subdomain (sub.example.com) and not example.com

Website URL

book.myprotect.xyz and enterprise.myprotect.xyz

Error Message

Hi, I want to host a subdomain (only book.myprotect.xyz) on InfinityFree. So basically, I want to host myprotect.xyz on another host and host book.myprotect.xyz and enterprise.myprotect.xyz on InfinityFree (separate accounts). I have been creating NS records but I don’t know if it’s correct. How can I achieve this, and is it allowed or possible?

Thanks

I meant *(only book.myprotect.xyz and enterprise.myprotect.xyz)

sorry for the confusion

Here are my current records.

myprotect.xyz should be added to hosting account by setting of nameservers

Once that’s done, proceed to create the subdomains (book.myprotect.xyz and enterprise.myprotect.xyz) in the hosting account.

Let us know once this is done

2 Likes

The problem is @KangJL that I want to host my WP site on another provider, if I can migrate everything (plugins, template, text, media, etc) from my old hosting provider to Infinityfree I would do the way you are telling me.

Well you can do that. Once domain is added to hosting account and subdomains are created,
you can shift the base domain to whatever host you want

Only A/CNAME record is needed to maintain the subdomains created here

3 Likes

Alrighty.

How can I shift the base domain? I created a account and created the two subdomains in the cPanel. Can I change my Nameservers to my other host? @KangJL

Yep

change the nameservers back to however you want them, then create an A record with the name of the subdomain, and the value of the IP address shown in the client area

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.