Help!

So sorry to hear that happened, I hope you are doing OK!

The reason your website is showing a Directory Listing is because you don’t have an index file. An index file can be named index.html or index.php.

By chance, do you remember if you are using a script on your site? Or did you self-code it?

I don’t really understand your full problem, do you think you can expand on it? Thanks.

4 Likes

default.html is the code.

One other thing, Microsoft Expression Web 4.

Add this line to the .htaccess file in your htdocs folder:
DirectoryIndex default.html

Is this the software you’re using? Remember, the only backend scripting language we support is PHP. Microsoft tends to use ASP.

2 Likes

Yes!

It won’t do it. What am I doing wrong?

Make sure to add in the htaccess inside the /htdocs directory.

2 Likes

I don’t know to do it?

1 Like

I have already done that, FTP. I want to know how?

Duff

How to do what? @jaikrishna.t told you to upload to /htdocs, and you said you don’t know how. All you have to do is connect via FTP and upload the files to the /htdocs folder. The article tells you how to do that.

2 Likes

It would seem your website files are incomplete. Normally, the base folder of your website needs to have an index.html file.

How are you uploading the files by the way? Are you uploading them manually with FileZilla or something like that, or does your website builder have tools to automatically push your site to our servers?

If it’s the former, please double check that the folder with your website files has a file with the name index.html in it.

2 Likes

Hello,

default.html. And I’m using FileZilla.

No such file

2 Likes

Can you please upload all of the files again? It look like you still have some missing.

2 Likes

It’s still not working.

Of course it is not working.

Do you mean this???

If so you need to have default.html in /htdocs directory and rename it to index.html

4 Likes

Ok, will do.

Still won’t do it, so I don’t know. Thanks for your time.

Duff

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.