Having trouble adding a non-standard domain

Username (e.g. epiz_XXX) or Website URL

epiz_33520637

Error Message

Error Adding Domain.
This could be due to already adding the domain to this or another account or, you have not changed the nameservers as required or not enough time has passed since changing the nameservers…

Other Information

I have tried both the 4 byte dot org nameservers and the 2 epiz dot com as the name servers on the domain registrar. Have waited days, maybe even weeks. Still can’t add the domain. It’s an irregular domain which appears as Japanese characters but is also represented by the url:

http://頑張れ.みんな

The url in the last line got converted in html to japanese. I am putting in xn--pbkv81lww9a.xn--q9jyb4c as the domain.

IDN support is a bit… mixed on free hosting. Not all sections support it and those that don’t outright block it may not support it completely.

Can I test this for myself? If so, where are you trying to add this domain exactly? As an addon domain or parked domain?

4 Likes

Yes. You can test it. I was trying to add it as an addon domain.

3 Likes

Thank you.

Are our records correct if I say that you were able to add the domain name to this account before?

In any case, I can reproduce the issue on my end, but that’s about as much as I can do for myself. I’ve messaged iFastNet to look into this.

3 Likes

I think I was able to add it, but it didn’t work when I went to it. At any rate, it’s not working now. Thanks.

I’ve been told the issue has been fixed and your domain has been added to your account for verification.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.