Godaddy O365 emails not working after changing nameservers to Infinityfree

Website URL

lionwiseventures.com

Error Message

Godaddy O365 emails not working after changing nameservers to Infinityfree

Other Information

A little uncertain on how to fix. I’d like to keep the O365 setup with godaddy. What should I enter in the MX Records and SPF records in Infinityfree so that emails to O365 Essentials start working again?

Hey there, follow the below article,

4 Likes

Thanks @Herbert but I don’t know the correct entries for MX and SPF entries. My O365 account does not show the domain info.

I think the value for the MX record you should insert for your domain is lionwiseventures-com.mail.protection.outlook.com with priority 0, judging by the similar reply I did to someone else 3 months back which I saw you liked, then sent me an email; then the SPF record is still the same and is v=spf1 include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all. Everything can be added from the Control Panel under their respective sections; the article @herbert shared can help for adding the MX record, though you’re not using ImprovMX. Let me know how it goes!

8 Likes

Welcome!

What I would do is just set your namservers back to GoDaddy, since you know everything was working when they were there.

Since your domain is already connected to your account, you can switch the namservers back, and use two “A” records to serve your website hosted here.

One record should be called “@“, and the other “www”. Both should have the same contents, that is, the server IP that is shown in the client area.

6 Likes

I have been reading this approach as well and would like to try it. Can you please specify more how should I set the A records for @ and www to point to my infinityfree account?

You can find the server IP your website is on on your Client Area, by clicking the hosting account your domain is on; the value you’re looking for is the Website IP, which for your domain is 185.27.134.224 (I used Dig to find it for you). That will be the value/target for both the A records, one for your domain (@) and one for www.

4 Likes

Emails seem to be working great with this solution. Thank you @JxstErg1 !

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.