Getting domain names

going to give a better topic name, also sorry.

Im sorry admin, I just asked how he got the Indonesian domain, I was afraid he was a hacker who took someoneā€™s domain rights and then used it for fraud

He/She could have used a domain registrar which had a person who met the criteria for registering an Indonesian domain. Again, this is speculation. For example a UK citizen could buy a .ca domain from the Canada through a domain registrar which has an appropriate contact to register Canadian domains. Also @anon67726452 is correct about the fact that he is in fact, Indonesian, but prefers to write it in Spanish.

4 Likes

that Indonesian or anything, I only got it from one page, I give it to him .my.id free for 4 years

1 Like

So donā€™t worry, Iā€™m not a pirate

If you believe the domain name is being used fraudulently, donā€™t you think it would be better to contact the domain registrar about this? I would guess they would want to be informed about any fraud happening on the domain names theyā€™re responsible for.

4 Likes

Maybe they got given the domain legitately from someone who met the criteriaā€¦

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.