(FTP upload error) Unexpected HTML response to PHP query

Hi there

i’m getting this error everytime i upload files using the FTP method

i have no idea what this means the website is working, i can’t spot any issue yet it’s really bothering me, the only problem is i can’t receive messages through the form, if someone sent a message using the form or subscribes using the news letter form, i don’t receive anything in the webmail, MX Record is set and Email is created but still not working, thought maybe there is a connection between the error i’m getting and the Email issue, i don’t know i’m no expert…

Here are some screenshots, thanks in advance.

What kind of software are you using and what is it trying to do? If it’s trying to download content from your website to verify an upload was successful, that’s likely not going to work because the uploader doesn’t pass browser validation. That doesn’t mean the upload failed though.

As for the email sending issues, your inbox configuration seems OK. Check this article for info about sending email: https://infinityfree.net/support/php-mail

@Admin said:
What kind of software are you using and what is it trying to do? If it’s trying to download content from your website to verify an upload was successful, that’s likely not going to work because the uploader doesn’t pass browser validation. That doesn’t mean the upload failed though.

As for the email sending issues, your inbox configuration seems OK. Check this article for info about sending email: https://infinityfree.net/support/php-mail

Hi, thanks for the reply.
That’s Adobe Muse uploading website files and everytime i edit something and upload it i get that warning, if it’s not creating any problems on my website i can ignore it, i just wanted an expert like you to have a look at it in case if it’s making problems…

About the Email, as i’ve understood from that article you gave me, your PHP Mail is very restricted, my question now is will i be able to receive (messages and newsletter subscription requests from my website visitors) after upgrading to a premium hosting account at XVHOST?

@Laxus said:
Hi, thanks for the reply.
That’s Adobe Muse uploading website files and everytime i edit something and upload it i get that warning, if it’s not creating any problems on my website i can ignore it, i just wanted an expert like you to have a look at it in case if it’s making problems…

You can probably ignore the warnings from Muse, but I’ve never used that program myself. Just try to open the site yourself after Muse is done with the upload and see if it was successful, that’s a far better check than any program can do.

About the Email, as i’ve understood from that article you gave me, your PHP Mail is very restricted, my question now is will i be able to receive (messages and newsletter subscription requests from my website visitors) after upgrading to a premium hosting account at XVHOST?

On InfinityFree, PHP mail is very restricted. On XVHOST, no such restrictions exist (except for the common sense ones: don’t spam and don’t send huge amounts of email).

fine then i have nothing to worry about, thanks for the help!