I’m unable to connect to my hosting account via FTP using FileZilla. I get “Connection refused” (ECONNREFUSED) on port 21 with ftpupload.net, and this has been happening for several days now, so I can’t update my website’s files.
My account username is if0_37486216, and my account’s IP address is 185.27.134.232.
Error message:
Status: Resolving address of ftpupload.net
Status: Connecting to 109.0.66.29:21...
Status: Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server"
Error: Failed to establish connection to server
Could someone please check if there’s an issue with this IP or my account specifically? Thank you for your help.
Thank you both so much for the help! I first tried switching the host to ftp.epizy.com, which got me past the initial connection refused error, but I then ran into a certificate mismatch on the data connection when listing directories. Using the direct IP address 185.27.134.11 instead solved it right away, everything works now.
I’ll also take a look at the suggested forum topic in case I run into similar issues again in the future. Really appreciate the quick and helpful replies, this saved me a lot of time.