Free SSL certicate pending indefinitely

http://topword.rf.gd

(please specify the URL of the site on which you are experiencing the problem)

No Error Message, it’s just that it keeps showing this message:

“We’re requesting your SSL certificate. Please do not remove the CNAME records until this is complete. You can refresh the page to see if the certificate has been created.”
more than 3 hours after requesting the certificate for the website even though I keep refreshing the page.

(please share the FULL error message you see, if applicable)

Other Information

Thank you in advance for your help!
(other information and details relevant to your question)

I have the same problem, I’m also waiting quite a long time

Hi internetroot and Serg762,

It takes all the way to 24 hours or even longer here. It’s a free hosting thing so we have to live with it. There’s nothing we can do to accelerate this.

Cheers!

1 Like

This is a limitation of DNS and using a 3rd party service, even upgrading to a paid service would not speed this process up.

Unfortunately, this is the nature of the internet.

4 Likes

Nom it isn’t, the DNS has been updated. it’s just the certificate that refuses to install successfully on the domain.

Hi internetroot,

After requesting the certificate and adding the CNAME to DNS, there is one more step in the same place inside the client area, once that’s clicked, you should have the certificate installed. (I forgot the exact name but there’s a button to click to get it done.)

Cheers!

2 Likes

The button should be “Install SSL Certificate Automatically”, but for that to appear, the check needs to succeed first.

internetroot, if you have tried hard refreshing/clearing the cache and revisiting the page and nothing happens, then you might need to wait a little more. It is annoying, but there’s nothing that can be done:

6 Likes

I have exactly the same problem, I update my free SSL’s regularly, every three months, for all my accounts, so I know the procedure quite well, it was a matter of minutes, so this is a new problem.

I also updated SSL for free 2 days ago. It does it quite quickly, about 10 seconds. And now I update another account and it has been loading for 11 hours. It’s a new problem.

I was configuring my domain, everything worked correctly, until I requested the SSL certificate and it didn’t come out with this message " We’re requesting your SSL certificate. Please do not remove the CNAME records until this is complete. You can refresh the page to see if the certificate has been created." It’s been hours and I can’t do anything at all.

My domain: vida-saude.site

Now it’s been more than a day and I still have the loading icon.

It seems that the service is going the freenom route.

And the funny thing is that because of the lack of mail hosting, strict antibot software and the impossibility to access the DNS zone, you cannot get the TLS certificate elsewhere.

A site dedicated to the public become pretty much useless these days if it’s not available on the HTTPS protocol.

They still put a free cookie that you didn’t ask for on the visitors’ web browsers. (I bet they wouldn’t be so generous if they were real cookies that you can eat).

Thank you for sharing this issue. I was not aware of it, but upon inspection, it appears that there was a problem on our end.

I’ve written an official announcement about it here:

I hope that that’s not the case. Issues do happen, and despite my best efforts to monitor things some issues fly under the radar. But I do try to solve any issue I see as soon as I’m made aware of them.

4 Likes

Thank you, it’s now working.

I somewhat understand why you don’t allow mail hosting on the free service. But can you please tell me the reasons why you don’t allow access to the DNS zone editor (it is so useful) or why I can’t access the website if I don’t accept cookies?

Sure, I’d be happy to explain! If you create a new topic for it, instead of derailing this one.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.