Forwarding a subdomain to a game server.

Hello there! So, this is probably a simple method but I would like to:

• Add a subdomain (play.skysplash.gq)
  • Forward play.skysplash.gq to my minecraft server address, let’s pretend it’s 1.1.1.1:25565

So, how would I go about doing this?

Configure additional A record for your subdomain, then fill the address with your server IP. This setting can be found on your domain name registrar site (ie not here).

Edit: I think InfinityFree doesn’t support game server hosting, so I assume this IP address of yours came from outside of InfinityFree area

@CalicoCactus said:
Hello there! So, this is probably a simple method but I would like to:

• Add a subdomain (play.skysplash.gq)
  • Forward play.skysplash.gq to my minecraft server address, let’s pretend it’s 1.1.1.1:25565

So, how would I go about doing this?

You’ll need to configure an A record to do this but InfinityFree doesn’t provide A record or full DNS management.

Also a game server I think it’s okay as long as its not hosted on InfinityFree and since you only want to point your domain to your game server so you can have a custom domain on your game server so I can’t see anything that you aren’t as long as the game servers is not hosted here or if it was hosted here then InfinityFree’s server will lag and it isn’t even possible to host a game server here.

You can create an A record if you use Cloudflare directly and pointing your NS to Cloudflare (not the vPanel integration).

Even though A records are not available, you may be able to achieve the same with a CNAME records. Most IP addresses have a hostname which corresponds to it. Simply Google for “reverse ip lookup”, enter your IP address and you should see a domain name. You can then check if that hostname does indeed point to your IP address. If it does, you can point a CNAME record to it and it works.

Of course, using a third party DNS service is possible, but not officially supported. Use at your own risk.