Folder and files not accessible through .htdocs

MY WEBSITE : pradeepbashera.site

I just uploaded my website, and it seems that the fonts folder, as well as the images folder, are not accessible.

my fonts and images can’t be accessed by the html file.

Below are the website files :

As the new forum account I can’t upload more images

Please help…

I deleted your image as you exposed the filemanager URL which contains your hosting account password in it.

Even though it was not up long, I still recommend you change the password of that hosting account via the client area.

8 Likes

Your website works fine for me, have you tried to clear the website cache?

2 Likes

yes it is working fine, but the problem is I have different fonts for my content that are present in fonts folder and the folder is inaccessible I don’t know why.

For your information, the servers are case sensitive, which means Fonts and fonts are different. It applies both to files and folders.

7 Likes

Ya I know, the website is perfectly showing the fonts in VS Code live server, i just drag and dropped the files, but when I visited the site the fonts seems to be default like the fonts folder is inaccessible.

Oh Windows? That operating system is case insensitive. The servers here as well as 90% of all the servers use Linux.

4 Likes

Hi OBOCHAMA,

For better coding practise, always use lower case for your folders and your code will always work on any OS. For your case, since renaming solely to change letter case on Windows might not reflect in File Explorer, you want to update this folder name via FTP / File Manager on the hosting directly.

Cheers!

5 Likes

ahhhh
I found it, it’s actually CORS policy that is blocking the access.

What did you find? It is caused by the url returning 404 (not found) lol.

3 Likes

few fonts were blocked by CORS policy

And did you read the reason which I mentioned?

3 Likes

Yes, but it was not the reason

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.