Filezilla FTP stuck at Initialising TLS

Hello, @Admin, @MarmiteTheCat, @KangJL, and All.

This afternoon (16-March) I contact my ISP (Three) technical-support and had my service reconfigured to IPv4 aft which I was able, again, to connect to Infinityfree by FTP.

Unfortunatly, the thread I posted was closed before I could report the resolution of my FTP problem. Sorry.

I had been posting on this thread mistakenly thinking I was posting on my thread (smile).

Thank you to you all for your responses and guidance.

Kind regards,
HT.

1 Like

Thatā€™s great!

Mineā€™s still kaput. Could you let me know the Three contact details so I can hopefully get mine fixed too.

Regards,
Kev

1 Like

Yes, I will retrace my steps and share the info with you, @MarmiteTheCat.

I need to retrace my steps and make accurate note of the ā€˜optionsā€™ that I keyed/tapped to get to ā€˜technical supportā€™. I will do the retrace, today.

Kind regards,
HT

1 Like

Hello again, @MarmiteTheCat.

To get Threeā€™s customer support to adjust my ISP service to IPv4, I took steps as follows.

1. Using my Three mobile telephone, I dialed ā€˜333ā€™; and then,

2. I chose option ā€˜4ā€™ (ā€˜Otherā€™);

3. then I chose ootion ā€˜3ā€™ (ā€˜Problem with phoneā€¦ā€™);

4. then I I choss option ā€˜3ā€™ (ā€˜Trouble with phoneā€¦ā€™);

5. then I chose option ā€˜2ā€™ (to stay online to speak with person).

6. After going through a security check process with the Three person:

(a) I told the Three-support person that I am gaving problem making FTP connection with server that needs ā€œIPv4ā€ connection.

(b) The Three person checked Threeā€™s ISP configuration and told me it was set to ā€˜IPv6ā€™.

(c) I asked for it and the config was changed to ā€˜IPv4ā€™.

1. The Three person gave me time to check if the new setting worked.

2. I ran FileZilla and I was able able to establish FTP connection with Infinityfree (IF).

For UK customers, the Three ā€˜333ā€™ customer service line is open from 9:00am to 6:00pm today (Sunday).

If you find problem with my note, above, please refer back to me.

If all goes well, then @Admin and @KangJL may be placed to use our experiences for the benefit of other IF subscribers.

Thank you for our interactions, MtCat (smile).

Kind regards and good wishes,
HT.

6 Likes

Wow, thanks for that. Really comprehensive. :+1:

At the moment, Iā€™m going to leave it and see if it repairs itself. Probably wonā€™t, but just curious.

As I said previously, my phone is on the O2 network, so I can upload using tethered hotspot and itā€™s well within my data allowance.

Itā€™s been a pleasure to find a kindred spirit here.

Kind regards,

Kev

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your findings!

I must say, Iā€™m surprised that they were able to just switch you over to IPv4. Many connections nowadays support both, and in the cases where it doesnā€™t, then usually support for the other just isnā€™t available. Goes to show that it never hurts to ask!

5 Likes

Our interactions have been pleasure for me, too, @MarmiteTheCat. Thank you.

I note that you will wait to see if your FTP issue resolves itself.

If the issue does not resolve itself, it is worth noting that a Three-broadband customer can use an O2 or any telephone to ring Threeā€™s
Mobile Broadband customer support on
0333 338 1003

or ring
Threeā€™s customer services on
0333 338 1001.

You will need to know the Three SIM/telephone number used by the Three broadband. I think you also will/may need to know the ā€˜IMEIā€™ number that is printed on the Mobile Broadband router.

Hereā€™s to a goodly outcome.
Hubert Taylor.

ps.
I am an HTML novice but wanting to construct a small, non-trading website for my own purposes. I would welcome any observations or guidance. The site is still under construction. Please let me know if I can email you a link to my sample pages.
ht.

1 Like

Thanks once again for the contact details.

Yes, by all means share your sample pages with me. Iā€™ve been messing about with HTML/CSS for the last 25 years or so, but I certainly wouldnā€™t class myself as an expert, more of an educated amateur! With the advent of mobile devices, itā€™s difficult to create a page that looks good on all devices and can be frustrating to try and ā€œget it rightā€.

Iā€™ve found https://www.w3schools.com/ to be immensely useful, not just for HTML but Javascript and CSS as well.

Not sure if we are allowed to swap emails on this forum but Iā€™ll be glad to partake. Guidance from Admin on this would be helpful.

Regards,
Kev

Excellent, @MarmiteTheCat. Thank you for being ready to share understandings.

Thank you, too, for the courtesy point regarding exchanging emails via the Forum. Yes, it will be helpful if oyr @Admin is able to guide/direct us.

If not via thus Forum channel, my existing domain-name (reasoned-confab. co.uk) has an email address ā€“ [email protected] ā€“ that we can use. Today I will (try to) setup the email account (smile).

The domain is linked to my Infinityfree practising/development space. My infinityfree Web address is https://reasoned-confab.infinityfreeapp.com.

The current homepage displays an ā€˜under-construction noticeā€™ .

By the end of today I will upload my files and be ready to send you a link to the inner-pages.

Kind regards,
HT.

@MarmiteTheCat, while we are waiting for @Admin response, I will browse the Forum information to find if ir is possible for Forum subscribers to connect directly by email.

Yesterday I entered details for my [email protected] email address but ad yet my test email has not been delivered. I will check again today.

Kind regards,
HT.

Hi.
Apparently the Forum has a messaging system, (note to self: read the manual) so Iā€™ve sent you one.

I assume they are private between sender and recipient.

Regards

I would strongly recommend against publicly sharing your email address. But if you click the profile picture of someone else on the forum, you can send them a direct message, in case you want to exchange details or just discuss something privately.

If itā€™s still helping both of you, then please carry on, but it doesnā€™t seem like these last few messages are still relevant to the FTP issue.

If there are other things you want help with, please create a new topic about it. And if you just want to talk together about website development, a direct message may be a more appropriate place.

4 Likes

I note your 19-Mar post, MtC, and I thank you for it ā€“ but, alas, I have not received the email you sent. This is possible because you may have addressed the email to the ā€˜reasoned-confabā€™ email address that I posted. I am sorry for this.

Unfortunately, my r-c email is setup wrongly so please let me ask you to email using the Gmail ā€˜hg.rolyat1 @ gmail.comā€™ address by which I am registered with Infinityfree (IF).

(For info, the ā€˜rolyatā€™ merely is taylor backwards).

Re the ā€˜reasoned-confabā€™ email address, I will need to find out how associate it with the IF email network server because my r-c domain now points at IF. At the end of my present domain contract, I will consider shifting the doman to IF.

Kibd regards,
HT.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Some time ago, I reported that I couldnā€™t upload files because Filezilla kept getting stuck at Initialising TLSā€¦

Long story short, it appeared that my ISP, Three, changed some arcane IPv4/6 setting that messed things up. This is what our wonderful Admin posted:

Well, guess what? Yesterday morning, I had no internet at all, although the router appeared to be working fine. I contacted Three and a nice gentleman confirmed that there was indeed an internal fault, and their engineers were working on. It should, he said, be fixed in due course. True to his word, it was all working by lunchtime.

Whatever they did, however, has resulted in the Filezilla stuck at TLSā€¦ problem going away. I can now upload files quite happily, using my Three ISP.

Everything comes to he who waitsā€¦

5 Likes