File Structure name change

scottkunian.com

Hello,
Everything is working great, it’s my OCD that’s kicking in.

When I log into the file manager I’m sitting at the root and there is an htdocs folder that my site lives in. I have a second site that is “name\htdocs” Is there a way I can add a folder scottkunian.com and move the htdocs into that so that all the sites are laid out the same? “scottkunian\htdocs”

Thanks

Sure

In the control panel, open the Addon domains section, and delete the scottkunian[.]com domain (Your files won’t be deleted). Then, reload the page, and add the domain back again (Note that you will get an error message since you are using Cloudflare. In that error message, you’ll see a CNAME record. Add that record in the Cloudflare, then reload the control panel and add the domain again).

Once the domain is added, the new htdocs folder is created. Just cut and paste (DON’T copy, that is much slower) the contents of the old htdocs folder to the new one. Once you confirm the files are moved (the old htdocs folder is now empty), you can delete the old htdocs folder.

5 Likes

Thanks !!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.