Domain knowledge

So I have a site hosted here at 876sinc.rf.gd, I have a cloudflare address at 876sinc.work. I have read multiple documents, watched multiple videos on domains and DNS and I am totally lost as to how to have 876sinc.work show whats hosted under 876sinc.rf.gd

Is it even possible, did I pay for 876sinc.work and it cant work with 876sinc.rf.gd?

Thanks for the help.

First, make sure you set InfinityFree nameservers on your domain, then you can use “Parked Domain” option in control panel to configure 876sinc.work to show the same contents as 876sinc.rf.gd. After that, you need to issue SSL certificate for 876sinc.work from SSL certificates tool in client area. Since you use CloudFlare, you can issue a self signed certificate and choose “Full” SSL mode after you set your domain’s nameservers back to CloudFlare.

7 Likes
6 Likes

Thank you, let me give this a crack again and see. Also, I didnt look into the parked domain option.

Ohh I have tried this so many times and got nowhere.
When I click on Add Domain in infinityfree I get: The hosting platform returned an unknown error. Please try again later or use the control panel.

you should be using aliases (parked domains) instead of addon domains

but maybe you also have a issue with your cpanel that only admin can fix

good luck

Also, I’m not seeing where in cloudflare where to add the custom nameserver. I paid for the site, but now its asking me to upgrae to have a custom nameserver added.

In parked domain I get:
Domains must be registered with a valid registrar before they can be parked. In addition, they will not be functional unless they are configured to point to these DNS servers:
ns1.infinityfree.com
ns2.infinityfree.com

And I cant get cloudflars to change nameserver even though I bought the 876sinc.work

Well, every domain bought from or transferred to Cloudflare will be stuck with Cloudflare’s nameservers and cannot be changed, unless you transfer it outside of Cloudflare (and for that you’ll have to wait 60 days for you to disable the lock so you can transfer it).

4 Likes

Really? Thanks, wow.
After all this, I think I will look a new route. Combining infinityfree and cloudflare just isnt worth it then.

Yes, only when you register your domain through CloudFlare. I have (and have had) plenty of domains registered through other registrars, connected to CloudFlare and using this platform all at the same time and I have to say that it works great! IMO the nameserver lock is a bit silly, but I understand where they’re coming from.

5 Likes

I have to agree with wackyblackie here, I have not registered any domains with CloudFlare but use their nameserver/DNS services. Changing nameservers is quick and easy, the change away from CloudFlare happens within hours. There is no 60 day delay.

2 Likes

The 60 day delay is not for changing namservers, it’s for changing registers.

6 Likes

Thanks much everyone, I just thought registering through Cloudflare would be the best option, but it turns out to be the worst. I’m going to go for a paid package with hosting and all instead. Maybe even here at infinityfree just so I can get this site up. I’m not in need of a big hosting service, I will probably have around than 1000 persons using the site, so a major host isnt needed. Suggestions are welcomed.
Thanks

1 Like

If you want to do domain and hosting, you can use iFastNet (the premium provider for InfinityFree), if you just want a domain to use here and with CloudFlare, I recommend NameSilo.

6 Likes

Great. Thanks much. Appreciated. I will check these out immediately.

One last question really; so 876sinc.work (bought from cloudflare) is now dead and unable to be used? Or can it be used with another host since infinityfree wont allow me to change the DNS?

Effectively for 60 days until you can change the registrar.

You could use it with any other host that only requires that you set an A or AAAA record to them and does NOT require a nameserver change.

7 Likes

Thanks

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.