DNS issues CloudFlare & InfitinyFree

Hi everyone,

I am having issues with CloudFlare & InifinityFree. I updated my NS last week and it still is not showing up when I try to create a new account on InfinityFree.

I am using:

ns1.epizy.com
ns2.epizy.com

as well as ns1 infinityfree com & ns2 infinityfree com ( I cant post with a URL )

Its been over 72 hours. I did delete and did update them over again. Still no changes. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

NS DNS records won’t do anything, they are completely separate from namservers.

Is that the CNAME record that you were told to add by the control panel / client area? If so, try setting it to “DNS Only” (Grey cloud) and waiting a few hours then try to add the domain to your account again.

5 Likes

Hi @Greenreader9 ,
Thanks for your response. When you mention the NS DNS wont do anything, does this mean I should be editing where it says " CloudFlare NameServer"? (screenshot attached?

Also, as for InfinityFree I am not provided any IP addresses or anything for that matter to add to my DNS records. That information would come after my account has been created and the NS has been verified I believe. I think I am missing something but I can’t seem to put my finger on it. Besides what I showed in my screenshot is there somewhere else in CloudFlare or InfinityFree I should be making changes? Again thanks for your help on this so far! Its been a roller coaster trying to get this to work!

the other screenshot is what I have when trying to add a domain into my existing account, this is where I got the CNAME information from. However, I may be confusing this, as I read it says that I would show the same content as the other domain on this account, which is why I decided to just create a new account. I hope this makes sense!

You can’t edit that I’m afraid, especially when you register the domain with cloudflare. If you use other registrars then you can change the nameservers as you did to cloudflare’s nameservers.

If you believe your account wasn’t created yet, then please create a free subdomain first.

Though I did see our CNAME verification there. Please disable proxy on that record, remove all these NS records, then try again.

6 Likes

You can’t change that. That sections tell you the namservers you use for CloudFlare. You need to change the namservers with your registrar (Some registrars, like CloudFlare, don’t let you do this).

The alternative is to use CNAME verification, see this:

5 Likes

Ok I will try this option with me adding the domain to an existing account. Will this allow me to have 2 different contents on two different domains? Thanks in advance!

I see the directory is /htdocs which is also the same as the other domain I have. From my understanding if my other domain is ex 123.123.1234 with a pubic folder ‘htdocs’ , will they have the same content ? Which is something I would not like to have, please tell me what would be the best course of action. Thank you!

If you are adding the domain as…

A addon domain - The files will be separate and it will be assigned a new htdocs folder

A parked domain - The files will be the same and share the current htdocs folder

6 Likes

Thank you!!! It was so simple, 3 days for something that took 2 mins!!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.