Dislike button?

we have a like button, have you ever thought about adding a dislike button ?

4 Likes

I don’t know if there is any plugin to add a Dislike button on Discourse though, but guess that it’s normally not possible to add it as of now…

5 Likes

it also might cause some aggravation to the original poster too :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7 Likes

Negative feedback (or just a negative response, in this case) is often hard to accept while maintaining composure. It is better to reward good behavior and let the “not-good” behavior fall behind.

I mean, there are sometimes where we must take action, but in general it is less detrimental to the feelings of the person. Downvotes often cause fights.

I think the flagging system works just fine for the extremes.

9 Likes

true, I agree 100%

I get annoyed sometimes when there’s a poster that does’nt recognize the full worth of what they have been given by this free service and the wonderful support , all they do is moan about this and that or insist that you add some feature etc.

in these cases I would love a “dislike” or “you’re an idiot” button :rofl:
but yeah it’s a bad idea

5 Likes

I would like to ask that new topics not be opened unnecessarily for every thought that crosses someone’s head (from the wrong color in CA to “hi there”)
but to simply write in 20k
especially when something has to do with the forum.

Other users see it and eventually, we will have 30 informal topics on a daily basis
and little by little we will soon have topics about growing tomatoes, the best clothes for pets, etc.

20k exists precisely for these purposes, to centralize all that.

9 Likes

I never knew that 20k was for that, I thought it was a thread that just got out of hand

thanks

4 Likes

do whatever you want - don’t pay attention to my sentences

5 Likes

I did pay attention, I just didn’t realize

please don’t be upset, sorry

There was a misunderstanding - sorry for confusing you with my previous post

I’m not mad at you, nor was the above a hidden meaning, but a literal one :slight_smile:

Feel free to open/write where you want and on any topics

6 Likes

oh Oxy my bad, I total read that wrong

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.