Debug mode

Website URL ronandpat.free.nf

(please specify the URL of the site on which you are experiencing the problem)

Error Message Too few arguments to function php_uname(), 0 passed in /home/vol9_5/infinityfree.com/if0_35996828/htdocs/administrator/components/com_admin/src/Model/SysinfoModel.php on line 316 and exactly 1 expected

(please share the FULL error message you see, if applicable)

Other Information I was getting an error message similar to above, so turned on DEBUG mode, now cannot turn it off. Please advise as I am now unable to even open the backend or frontend of the website.

(other information and details relevant to your question)

Hi RonHagley,

The php_uname function was once disabled on this hosting and has an alternate behaviour of returning an empty string in the past. The function itself should not require any parameters but I’m not entirely sure if such a previous change on the hosting have something to do with the error message you see above.

Having said that tho, the php official documentation has php_uname(“a”) by default, and since this is likely a code that you have customization access to, try adding "a" in the function call as the first parameter to see if that works for you.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Hello and thank you for the help, however I don’t know how or where to edit this anomaly. I cannot gain access to the website at all all I can get is the cpanel and dont know which file I need to access. I would really appreciate any guidance.

Look for /htdocs/administrator/components/com_admin/src/Model/SysinfoModel.php in the file manager, and go to line 316, where you might be able to change it.

1 Like

OK done that all right BUT now I get the error below:
MYsql server has gone away

it reports an error on line 218
$installedLanguages = $db->setQuery($query)->loadObjectList();

Hi RonHagley,

The most common reason for the MySQL server has gone away error is that the server timed out and closed the connection. Are you querying something big from the database?

Cheers!

4 Likes

not particularly large I was trying to open the IMAGES function of PhocaGallery which is used to build thumbnails and load them into databases (I think)However the error applies before the function opens.
As an aside I notice that the new version of Joomla 5.1 is now available and I am advised to update. I am slightly reluctant following the issues previously experienced when new software resulted in png and jpg support relating to GD extensions. Would it be safe to update in your view?

Many thanks for your ongoing help and sorry to be such a newbie idiot.

Regarding the php_uname error, I have asked iFastNet to fix this on the servers. The function should work as described in the PHP docs, and it doesn’t, so that’s up to us to fix.

4 Likes

Thankyou.
To get around the issue I have now set up a second account with you and that appears to be working. Obviously it has a whole new Joomla install so under test conditions everything works

The original site works for visitors but I cannot add new phocagalleries which is a shame.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.