Database is down error

Website URL

bhos.is-great.org

Error Message

Installation failed: Error establishing a database connection This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or that contact with the database server at sql100.byetcluster.com could not be established. This could mean your host’s database server is down. Are you sure you have the correct username and password? Are you sure you have typed the correct hostname? Are you sure the database server is running? If you are unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If you still need help you can always visit the WordPress support forums.

Other Information

this happens so often. When I try to enter my site, sometimes it shows ‘Database is down’, I didn’t make so much changes in my site, but after my account disabled temporarily for 1 day, this keeps annoying me.

Hello

Your website is working perfectly fine for me. Unfortunately, I can’t troubleshoot something that I can’t see. Do let us know if it goes down again!

3 Likes

actually, it comes out when there are no entries for 1 or 2 days to the site. When i want to install something, it pops out.

And according to pagespeed test, my speed index was 0.7s, but after temporary blocking for 1 day, it increased to 3.7s. I don’t know why. Before temporary blocking, my site was working fine.

WordPress sites will get slower the longer they go without visitors, as the task list in WP-Cron gets longer.

You can disable all automatic updated, and delete every plugin you don’t need to speed up load time for when there are no visitors for a few days.

3 Likes

You can also run WP-Cron separate from the main web requests like this:

4 Likes

Thanks for support. I will try out it. It seems it is the last solution

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.