Copyright

epiz_26392736

I want to create a website about learning, and I don’t want’t to break any law or get my site/hosting account banned, can any admin tell me if i can embedd someone else’s YouTube video in my site , i will give strong copyright credits to the author / Youtuber, can any of this get my account banned or something?

No, it’s ok to link to someone’s YT AS LONG AS YOU DON’T HOST THEIR VIDEO ON YOUR YT ACCOUNT.
Linking to someone’s YT video is not a copyright issue since they host it on their account& YT embed already credits the owner :slight_smile:

5 Likes

So i don’t have to give copyright? it will be automatically embedded with the video itself?

yes.

1 Like

As far as I know, part of the YouTube license terms is that the video creator has to provide permissions to YouTube to let others embed the videos on their site. Embedding videos is part of the YouTube service, and if you want to use YouTube, you have to support embedding.

But I’m not a lawyer, so please don’t take my word for it. And having the right to embed YouTube videos may not stop the video author for attempting to harass you into taking it down.

6 Likes

@hamker

Embed is allowed because you did not copy or modify anyone’s video
nor is it stored on your site…rather, it is executed on youtube via embed code

If a video creator leaves the embed functionality enabled for a video, that person has agreed to allow other people to share that video on other mediums (including websites) without YouTube’s prior written permission according to YouTube’s Terms of Service.

If a video creator, on the other hand, disables embed functionality for a video, that person does not grant public use of a video, and per YouTube’s Terms of Service, anyone wishing to share that video on any medium would require prior written permission from YouTube.

1 Like

Currently i’m thinking of teaching physics and mathematics concept on my website, but i’ll be happy to know if i can teach html,css or other programming languages too. hamker.ga

Teaching knowledge of coding (html, php etc.) is allowed but just don’t teach hacks :laughing:

1 Like

my name hamker but me no hamker sar :joy:

2 Likes

It has nothing to do with hacking prompt (I hope) So I don’t any problems with that, i’m teaching my weird experiences of Javascript myself :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.