Connection Issue to Free MySQL Database - Host Unavailable

Website URL

Connection Issue to Free MySQL Database - Host Unavailable

Error Message

Ping request could not find host “sql205.infinityfree. com” Check the name and try again.

Other Information

Hey, I’m using a free MySQL Database and I wanted to connect to it. However, when I try to connect to the host, it always says the host is unavailable. So, I tried to ping the hostname, and that didn’t work either.

PS C:\Users\qxryz> ping sql205.infinityfree. com
Ping-Anforderung konnte Host “sql205.infinityfree. com” nicht finden. Überprüfen Sie den Namen, und versuchen Sie es erneut.

The output is in German, so here’s the translation:

PS C:\Users\qxryz> ping sql205.infinityfree.com
Ping request could not find host “sql205.infinityfree.com.” Check the name and try again.

How can I solve this Problem?

Cheers!
Qxryz

That’s completely normal. Our database servers are not connected to the public internet, they are only accessible from within network.

If you’re trying to access the database from our hosting, please explain the actual issue you’re experiencing. Trying to ping the database servers from your own computer will not give you any information to help solve whatever issue you’re experiencing.

If you’re trying to access the database from anywhere else, note that this is not possible on free hosting, it’s a premium only feature.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.