COMODO SSL Intermediate Certificate Installation

I got a free certificate from COMODO.  
I tried to install it . 

During installations I got a error saying ** It appears this certificate is in pem format / requires intermediates to function, this is not supported on free hosting.**

So for failure to install the intermediate certificate some browser is not supportiing  the ssl… .

So what can I do to prevent that?  

Some of my webiste clients ar having problem using the site. as they don’t know what it is or how to ignore it. 

nafio23 said:
I got a free certificate from COMODO.  
I tried to install it . 

During installations I got a error saying ** It appears this certificate is in pem format / requires intermediates to function, this is not supported on free hosting.**

So for failure to install the intermediate certificate some browser is not supportiing  the ssl.. .

So what can I do to prevent that? 
Yes, intermediary certificates (also called CA chains) are not supported on free hosting.

Almost all modern browsers work fine without if. If you have client which need the intermediary certificates, you only option is to upgrade your account to premium hosting.
nafio23 said:

Some of my webiste clients ar having problem using the site. as they don't know what it is or how to ignore it. 
What kind of problems do they have? If they don't know what the problem is, how can anyone solve it?
nafio23 said:

Some of my webiste clients ar having problem using the site. as they don't know what it is or how to ignore it. 
What kind of problems do they have? If they don't know what the problem is, how can anyone solve it?
The problem are something like this
As some browsers are not supporting the certificate,  the browsers are preventing users to get in the website..   

Now as the browsers are showing error, seeing those error user are going back .even if the site is working perfectly!  Saying website is not working. ?

in some cases my clints are taking this issue (error of certificate)  seriously ( Like a virus may be or something  related to security & encryption ) they are not willing to enter the site again.

So what can I do to alter or use something elsse for CA chains?
NB #I cant afford premium hosting? That's why I am at infinityfree!  The best free webhost?#

You could use Cloudflare for free SSL. Granted it takes a while before settings are active (about 24-48 hours), i dont know if they support CA chain, but you can check.

You could use Cloudflare for free SSL. Granted it takes a while before settings are active (about 24-48 hours), i dont know if they support CA chain, but you can check.
Thanks Bro
1 Like