Clock Error?

Username (e.g. epiz_XXX) or Website URL

dwdc.net

Error Message

Your clock is ahead

A private connection to dwdc.net can’t be established because your computer’s date and time (Thursday, April 15, 2021 at 3:42:23 PM) are incorrect.

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

Other Information

I realize my SSL has lapsed and so I have allowed as I’m trying to figure out how to use Cloudflare for SSL. Aside from that, my computer’s clock is correct so I don’t know why I’m getting this error.

Working for me:

Maybe your time and date settings are wrong, do you get this error on other sites? Or maybe your cache just needs to be cleared.

Thanks!

1 Like

I don’t think it’s your clock so much - because I also get the same error. It’s actually saying your Certificate has expired. All you need to do is get a new one and install it on your domain.

1 Like

Ah yes, @TigerMANEK426 is correct, it just did not see the “Not Secure” text at the top.

Your site works for me, but the SSL certificate is no longer valid. Just renew or get a new one all will work well!

1 Like

Thank you for your replies, and yes I’m working on getting the SSLs.

I don’t know how you managed to get that, I can’t get to it. After clearing my cache I still get Clock Error ;o/

I did an SSL certificate via Cloudflare … I can paste the certificate in fine but infinityfree won’t take the key, it returns the following error:

“The certificate uploaded is NOT for the domain name dwdc.net (CloudFlare Origin Certificate was seen).”

Someone at CF gave me the following instructions:
Paste it into here and see what it says:

Here’s the result …
Common Name: CloudFlare Origin Certificate
Subject Alternative Names: *.dwdc.net, dwdc.net
Organization: CloudFlare, Inc.
Organization Unit: CloudFlare Origin CA
Valid From: April 15, 2021
Valid To: April 11, 2036
Issuer: CloudFlare, Inc.

I didn’t paste the serial # for obvious reasons.

His followup comment:
Then their error message is incorrect. It’s clearly issued for that domain name. Unless they’re only checking the Common Name (CN). But it’s certainly valid for that domain.

Can you please tell me why I can get the key in on my SSL but not the certificate?

Help?

It will not work on free hosting. Do this instead.

4 Likes

Isn’t that a three month expiration tho? That’s what the last one I had was.

It depends on how you implement SSL for your website

Cloudflare’s Origin Certificates could be used to encrypt the connection between Cloudflare and your website, which is useful if you’re using Cloudflare on your website, which you aren’t.

So your best bet is to use a Let’s Encrypt (or GoGetSSL) certificate and install that on your site. But yes, you will need to renew them by hand every three months.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.