Changing Authoritative DNS

Hi, I currently have my domain registered with Nearlyfreespeech.net and have also setup the necessary DNS records (MX, TXT, _autodiscover etc) to enable mail hosting.

My questions are:

1. If I change my auth DNS to ns1 and ns2.infinityfree.com - what would happen to my mail related DNS records?

2. Do I need to move those records over to Infinityfree? And if so, how would I do that?

Greatly appreciate your assistance.

Many thanks,
DnathanX

You need to. However not all records will work on free hosting.

First do this

Then add domain to hosting account. Once domain is added to hosting account, you can revert to original nameservers with your registrar.

Just add A record pointing to the hosting account accounting for the base domain as well as www subdomain

8 Likes

I thought you can’t host email with infinityfree

InfinityFree does not provide email hosting services. You can configure external services, and add DNS records for them here however (MX and SPF records are supported).

11 Likes

I I have imported CNAME and MX records but when I click on add button nothing happens and I can’t add CNAME and MX

Hey there, It would be easier for you to manage DNS records if you used Cloudflare.

A Full Guide To Cloudflare - Community Guides - InfinityFree Forum

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.