Capacity on my account

Hi LauraOrchid,

Oh no… is 10MB a single file size limit or total?

Sincerely,
Ben

For one file.
If you try to upload a file more than 10MB, it gets deleted.

3 Likes

Hi LauraOrchid,

Ok, none of my files are more than 1mb as they are just text files.
However, all my files, about 2 hundred files or maybe even more added up to 1.24Gb. So can I upload them all?
Thank you.

Sincerely,
Ben

By the way, my account is a free account so far.

If total size of your files are 1.2GB, i’m sure most of your files are more than 10MB so you can’t upload them.

Hi LauraOrchid,

All my files are of such size. I have attached a sample. Could have many more files than two hundred as I am not good in Maths.

So total capacity is 1.24Gb. Is it possible to upload all of them?

Thank you.
Sincerely,
Ben

Just to quote:

InfinityFree only allows uploading files for your website (for example: html, css, js, php, jpeg, png, webp)
I’m once again sure you can’t upload them.

4 Likes

Hi LauraOrchid,

Oh no… But I cannot turn back now… Will try uploading as much as I could and pray for miracle.

Thank you.
Sincerely,
Ben

5gb of total disk space per account.

5 Likes

But we told you this a month ago. I told you here:

If you are concerned about your effort getting shot down, you should abandoned setting up the DMS here to begin with.

6 Likes

Hi Admin and Jaikrishna,

Thank you for your info. I like this so that I can learn more. Since this cannot host doc management system, then it earn me a few more days of indispensable status and salary as I can tell my boss that I need more time to set up the doc management system.
Anyway I intend to set up a company website. But even a website take space as it will have like… changing images, pictures, graphic.
So I like to know for free account, is that allowed? and how much disk space is provided for company website?

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Ben, IT newbie, learning IT since year 2022

As long as the media you upload is displayed on a webpage, it is ok. What you cannot do is have files that are only accessible via direct URL and are not used on your websites elsewhere. A few PDF documents are fine, but you should not be hosting your daily meeting agendas with IF.

As for space, you get 5GB.

2 Likes

Ha Greenreader9,

Good day.
Long time no hear.

Good. As I am not a programmer or proficient in IT, need some time to learn programming. Will upload my company website here. But here, will I get a SSL certificate free? haha.

Thank you.
Sincerely,
Ben

You can get an SSL free wherever you host your website. If you host it with InfinityFree, the SSL panel in the client area is the fastest way. If you are not hosting with InfinityFree, you can still get a certificate from GoGetSSL or LetsEncript via their website.

2 Likes

Hi Greenreader9,

The SSL panel in the client area… is that what you mean as shown in picture?

Yes, that’s right.

2 Likes

Wait, you’re doing this for a company?

We don’t have any restrictions on using our hosting for commercial purposes, but usually companies can afford to spend some money on services they need to operate their business. Paying salaries to people to setup services on sub-optimal services, or to people unable to do their jobs because a tool they need for their job is not working, is much more expensive than just paying for a service that works.

4 Likes

Hi Jaikrishna.t,

Thank you. Have a nice weekend ahead.

Sincerely,
Ben

Hi Admin,

Yes, that doc mgt system is for business usage. As that is not directly link to profit and just an improvement for document, company may not want to spend money especially in this covid 19 situation where markets are volatile. my boss is not considered the most stingy as recently my newly joined employee told me his previous boss default payment about $30k.

Since this SeedDMS violates the website rule, I have stopped developing it. But yeah will use here for my company website. :]

Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
Ben, IT newbie year 2022

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.