SeedDMS

Hi everyone,

May I know is there anyone installed Open Source document management system SeedDMS before?

I just stuck at the setting page. The setting page contains setting all the paths to rootdir, database etc. According to the SeedDMS, the database driver seems to be SQLite. The forum over there just keep on asking me to change the setting but the problem is they never states clearly how to change or what to change.

A newbie like me got stuck. If anyone install SeedDMS or any good open source document management sytem, please let me know.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Ben

(other information and details relevant to your question)

Welcome back @OpenDocMan :metal:

Can you send the screenshot if the page where you see the error. You need to check the code to change the driver. Only the software support can help you there. SQLite and MySQL are indeed supported here.

Hi Jaikrishna,

I have attached the whole installation process.
If you can help me, you can simply download the seeddms installation file, and try install it via browser. you should able to see the same error message. i think for those experts in installation open source, they should be able to figure it out. However, I just get stuck as I always install programs via Windows which is hassle free by just clicking the .exe and the program will install by itself without the need to configure anything.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Ben
settings.txt (637 Bytes)
installation1

installation3
error

Note that /htdocs is the root folder. So when creating those file paths, you don’t need the htdocs directory, or anything before it.

2 Likes

Hi Greenreader9,

Not only these paths are generated by the software itself,
actually I tried many different paths including removing the htdocs, but still or even more errors.
I now run out of ideas and solutions and therefore seek help here.
I have even read the installation guide as attached. I tried my best to follow but still unsuccessful. I tried to ask for support in SeedDMS website but to no avail. It is free and that is why the support there is ad hoc.

installation guide.txt (24.4 KB)

Thank you.

Sincerely
Ben

I downloaded SeedDMS to see what the setup looked like, but the documentation seems a bit… absent. I don’t know where you got that installation guide because I can’t find it myself.

The documentation you shared also seems to assume you’re connected with SSH to a self managed server, which makes the instructions hard to apply to web hosting.

It may be possible to install it here with some difficulty (barring any further limitations or bugs in the software itself).

However, I can’t encourage hosting this with us. We provide a website hosting service, and only provide space for website content. File hosting, including document storage/archival, is not allowed.

So I would recommend to find a document management solution that does support your software and your use case.

5 Likes

Dear Admin,

I am so touched and grateful that you tried the installation. I believe your version is about the same as me since I just downloaded maybe a week ago.
The installation guide can be found at … File Manager → htdocs → seeddms60x → seeddms-6.0.17.1 → doc → README.Install.md
I have attached a screenshot for you. You can open the README.Install.md using a notepad or text editor.
Also more setting info can be found at File Manager → htdocs → seeddms60x → settings.xml

Not many real free opensource. I tried google search and seeddms seems one of the better. Last time I installed the opendocman but the software is too simple. This seeddms looks more colourful with more features.

I will try install again… and if it fails, can’t help it.

Thank you.
Sincerely,
Ben

Hi Admin,

I managed to install the seeddms. but now I

stucked at the login page. It prompts me for password but the problem is how I know the user id and password when I never set it. Now I am asking the seeddms developer. Hopefully, they could provide some advices.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Ben

2 Likes

Hi Admin,

I managed to find the default password and login.

Now try experimenting.

Thanks Admin and Everyone for the support.

Sincerely,
IT learner, Ben

3 Likes

Awesome! This topic comes to a good ending. Have fun!

3 Likes

Hi Greenreader9,

Yes, this time luck shines upon me. Got to configure and test the software now as the installation guide said something about security and the .htaccess need some configurations to deny all…

Thank you for all the support rendered.

Have a nice weekend ahead.

Sincerely,
Ben

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.