Can't login with filezilla

Hi.
A couple of days ago I made an account here. Today I tried filezilla (to manually upload images for my site, as Anchor CMS doesn’t support image upload).

I used the following info:
user: epiz_21732424
pass: same as for cpanel
server: ftp.epizy.com

I tried multiple times with the same password. In CPanel it was always accepted, in FileZilla - never.

Here are my FileZilla settings:

Here’s the end of the FileZilla log:

Response: 331 User epiz_21732424 OK. Password required
Command: PASS **************
Response: 530 Login authentication failed
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

Another thing I tried was to upload my files via the web interface. First I created a dir mypics/ under htdocs/ successfully. I entered this dir and used the non-java upload option to upload 3 small pngs (the biggest was 195KB). But when I refreshed the dir after that, it was empty (and trying to access my images via urls such as stefan-monov.rf.gd/mypics/foo.png failed).

Any ideas?

TIA :slight_smile:

Edit: I should also note that before I get the aforementioned error, I get a message about a problem with your certificate.

Ok, solved this (at least the FileZilla part; not the web interface part).
In Login to your account - InfinityFree I clicked “Manage” for my account, then “show/hide” (for the password) and saw that the password I thought I used (and which does let me into the cpanel) is not the one that showed up.

Confusing stuff, but at least I got it to work.

Btw, are you aware that it’s a bad security practice to store passwords in cleartext?

@Stefan_Monov said:
Ok, solved this (at least the FileZilla part; not the web interface part).
In Login to your account - InfinityFree I clicked “Manage” for my account, then “show/hide” (for the password) and saw that the password I thought I used (and which does let me into the cpanel) is not the one that showed up.

Confusing stuff, but at least I got it to work.

Btw, are you aware that it’s a bad security practice to store passwords in cleartext?

You’re right, you should never store password in plan text. Which is why we don’t do that. All account passwords are encrypted with AES-256 in our database, and are only decrypted when needed to set up an FTP connection (which is necessary for file managers and site builders to work).

And if you still don’t feel comfortable, remember that the password is now most likely stored in plain text on your computer (FileZilla doesn’t encrypt passwords last I checked), as well as on your hosting account if your website uses a database.