Can I install wordpress?

Website URL

Damian (epizy.com)

Error Message

(please share the FULL error message you see, if applicable)

Other Information

Hello I hope you are well.
I am writing to you to see if you can help me, I would like to know if I can install a website made in wordpress on my site, I can create the mySQL database and also add a user but how do I edit the privileges? or is it only for premium users?

Thank you!

You can - but it will overrun your existing website
and if you don’t want that to happen, then you should install WP in some DIR

It means that in the installation options from WP (or Softaculous) you should enter the desired dir name, and not leave it empty (empty means that it will be installed on root).

Or use another free subdomain so you don’t have to worry if it will overrun the existing website

Add user to DB or WP?

DB = Creating additional database users is not possible on free hosting, only on premium hosting. Every account also has one database user. This user has full access to access and modify the tables and the contents of the databases in your account. It does not have ALL PRIVILEGES, but it has enough privileges for normal website operation.

There is no way to create additional database users, or change their permissions, those features are only available with premium hosting

WP = add a user to your WP, but of course you don’t give him admin access, but lower than yours

6 Likes

Hello, thank you very much for your answer.

I was referring to adding a user to the mySQL Database, but you already clarified my doubt.

I’m going to try installing a site like you told me.

Although I tried to install a backup of a site in wordpress using duplicator and it told me that the database user does not have sufficient privileges

I leave a screenshot of the error message.

Just do it the traditional way. Backup plugins never worked well on free hosting.

6 Likes

Hello, okay, I’m going to try to do the installation manually.

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.