Broken Site

Well just now I was able to access my files using FTP and confirmed that they are there, but now the site is nor working. I mean, is happening the opposite of what happened yesterday when the site was accessible on the internet, but I could not get in my InfiniteyFree control panel. Now I see in the Home view that the site is active but it is not. I get this when I try to open my site:
This website cannot be reached The DNS address of the page jotverbos.rf.gd could not be found. The problem is being diagnosed.
DNS_PROBE_POSSIBLE
Tell me, please, what should I do and if there is any hope this problem could solve today?

it seems that NS do not return IP but SOA records :upside_down_face:

if you’re in a hurry and you don’t want to wait for someone from the inside to solve the problem
one of the solutions is to remove the subdomain from the system and add it again

this would force the system to assign you an IP

5 Likes

I’m no in a terrible hurry. I can wait a couple of days.

Your DNS records have been fixed now! Please note that it can take a day or two for the website to start working everywhere due to DNS caching.

6 Likes

Thank you. The site is now accessible, but unfortunately, it does not reflect the changes I have made in the last two days (Saturday and Sunday) I hope this is due to the DNS caching you are referring to and hope the site will work as it should before Wednesday.

See:

4 Likes

I don’t think cleaning the brosser will solve the problem, because I’ve tried to enter the site on different computers, even one that I had never entered the site with, and the same thing always happens. Anyway I’ll try to follow the instructions to see what happens.

As I thought. I followed the instructions and erased everything from the beginning and the problem is not solved.

Works fine for me:

You can also try clearing your DNS cache

The site works fine, the problem now is that it doesn’t show the changes made between some days.

@JOTverbos if you had tried to upload your files when you faced FTP issues, it’s likely that the changes weren’t uploaded to the server and synchronised. Have you tried uploading the content you have locally (which I assume has the latest changes) via FTP again now that the issue is resolved?

If it still doesn’t show, it’s likely the cache as mentioned. Can you give one example of what should display but doesn’t to see if we can confirm this?

2 Likes

Yes, the site can be accessed. What doesn’t work are the changes I’ve made lately. e.g I have removed an entire directory that was reached by clicking the link from Unidad 10 here: “http://jotverbos.rf.gd/lex/IndiceEM0PL.htm”. And the link takes you to a location that shouldn’t be there anymore, but still is.

And even infinity’s file manager says that the directory was deleted. but the link still works. taking the client to a place that will then demand passwords; which is precisely what I want to avoid.

Maybe I have not explained myself well.I’ll try again:
When you click Unit 10 here: http://jotverbos.rf.gd/lex/IndiceEM0PL.htm the link takes you to the site: http://jotverbos.rf.gd/lex/110/EnMarch10/IndicEMPL.htm
i.e. to a directory that no longer exists, and it should take you to the site: http://jotverbos.rf.gd/lex/CX/EnMarchX/IndicEMPL.htm, which is the one I recently created, and I can see in the file manager, but apparently doesn’t exist yet.

I can see this

Not available, which gives 404

Please show proof of the CX directory

5 Likes

Hmm, it does indeed look like the files are gone from FTP but still visible on your website. That’s strange and it should not happen.

My guess is that when staff tried to fix the issue related to your FTP access, they may have introduced this issue.

By now, I think the fastest way to fix this is to just backup all the files of your website, remove the domain from this account and create a new account for it. A fresh account will not have these issues.

6 Likes

That photo is not the one I see. In the file manager that I see, there is no directory 110, which I deleted, and if there is the new one, CX,

Here is the photo directly from the Infinity file manager
And please, is there any chance that the staff can solve the problem between today and tomorrow?

Please see what Admin replied with:

By now, I think the fastest way to fix this is to just backup all the files of your website, remove the domain from this account and create a new account for it. A fresh account will not have these issues.

6 Likes

This issue seems to affect other sites on the same IP address as well. I’ve gathered the data and submitted a request to iFastNet. I’ll share any updates in this announcement topic:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.