Broken Site

My Host is 185.27.134.11. And this numbers match some of those mentioned in relation to the atack. I would like to know if that is also the reason I can’t acces my files using FTP connections.
Otherwise my site is still accessible: http://jotverbos.rf.gd/indice.htm My problem is that I can’t access my files to make changes to them even through the file manager in the control panel. Why is that?

No, that is not your website IP address. That is the IP address of the FTP server.

No it does not, the FTP server is not getting attacked.

Which proves you are not affected by the outage.

So why did you post this in the outage topic then? The outage topic clearly states that FTP is not affected, only websites are. Your problem is nearly the exact opposite.

What error messages are you getting when trying to connect to FTP? Have you tried a desktop FTP client like FileZilla?

(And for the record, your websites IP address is 185.27.134.214)

5 Likes

Yes I tried FileZilla and does not work. And in the control panel the ethe error is: Error FTP athentication failed.

Can you share the error log? “It does not work” is not really helpful

1 Like

Sorry, but I´m not sure what you mean by error log. Hope is this:

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message…
Command: USER epiz_32490666
Response: 331 User epiz_32490666 OK. Password required
Command: PASS ***********
Response: 530 Login authentication failed
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message…
Command: USER epiz_32490666
Response: 331 User epiz_32490666 OK. Password required
Command: PASS ***********
Response: 530 Login authentication failed
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

Yep, that’s it.

It says the password is incorrect, so make sure you are taking the password from the FTP section in the client area.

If you are using that password and it still is not working, try the following steps:

• In the account viewer, click “Edit Settings”
  • Change the accounts password
  • Wait 5 minutes
  • Try FTP again
4 Likes

Thank you very mucho. I´ll try that.

Well, I will try that, only if I manage to find the account viewer, in order to click “Edit Settings”. So far I have only found someting called Hosting Account Password in Account settings that alows me to save a new Password. Not sure if that is what I should do.

Well… I managed to change the Password, but unfortunately, it didn’t solve the problem. The same error log with FileZilla, and whit FTP using the Norton Commander says: 421 Home directory not available - aborting try again with the same or a different name server.

You hosting account may not be correctly setup.
Can you setup another account to try?

I checked the account, and it seems like the home directory itself is fine, but it’s not accessible through FTP for some reason.

The account is not new and the website works, which means your files are still there.

I’ll check with iFastNet what can be done to make your files accessible to you.

3 Likes

Well just now I was able to access my files using FTP and confirmed that they are there, but now the site is nor working. I mean, is happening the opposite of what happened yesterday when the site was accessible on the internet, but I could not get in my InfiniteyFree control panel. Now I see in the Home view that the site is active but it is not. I get this when I try to open my site:
This website cannot be reached The DNS address of the page jotverbos.rf.gd could not be found. The problem is being diagnosed.
DNS_PROBE_POSSIBLE
Tell me, please, what should I do and if there is any hope this problem could solve today?

it seems that NS do not return IP but SOA records :upside_down_face:

if you’re in a hurry and you don’t want to wait for someone from the inside to solve the problem
one of the solutions is to remove the subdomain from the system and add it again

this would force the system to assign you an IP

5 Likes

I’m no in a terrible hurry. I can wait a couple of days.

Your DNS records have been fixed now! Please note that it can take a day or two for the website to start working everywhere due to DNS caching.

6 Likes

Thank you. The site is now accessible, but unfortunately, it does not reflect the changes I have made in the last two days (Saturday and Sunday) I hope this is due to the DNS caching you are referring to and hope the site will work as it should before Wednesday.

See:

4 Likes

I don’t think cleaning the brosser will solve the problem, because I’ve tried to enter the site on different computers, even one that I had never entered the site with, and the same thing always happens. Anyway I’ll try to follow the instructions to see what happens.

As I thought. I followed the instructions and erased everything from the beginning and the problem is not solved.

Works fine for me:

You can also try clearing your DNS cache