Am I legally the actual holder of my website?

Website URL

https://bwshop.great-site.net

Hi guys, I have a legal question about my website. I was wondering if am I the actual website holder or not. The website is made entirely by me, but I have this question because I have a subdomain and I don’t know how these legal things work. This is the first time for me I’ve published a website.

Of course you are the actual holder, and infinityfree shall not use your self generated content.

It is a bit frustrating as I didn’t find about how is your copyright associated with this service in ToS or privacy policy (or I had missed it.). But please stay easy — we don’t use your copyright content.

4 Likes

Yes, you own your content, but you grant InfinityFree the right to view, edit, and delete any content you upload to the server. This is all stated in the terms of service, which I highly suggest you read to get a better idea of your rights while using the service.

8 Likes

ok, thanks a lot for the answer!

Ok, thank you very much for the answer!

I don’t think anyone here is a lawyer. But, I’m happy to give you my opinions about the law.

In the USA, copyright is automatically granted to the author of an original work. Registration is not necessary but, a copyright can be registered online at the US Copyright Office’s website.

There are six basic rights protected by copyright. The owner of a copyright has the exclusive right to do and authorize others to do the following:

• To reproduce the work in copies or phonorecords;
  • To prepare derivative works based upon the work;
  • To distribute copies or phonorecords of the work to the public by sale or other transfer of ownership, or by rental, lease, or lending;
  • To publicly perform the work, in the case of literary, musical, dramatic, and choreographic works, pantomimes, and motion pictures and other audiovisual works;
  • To publicly display the work, in the case of literary, musical, dramatic, and choreographic works, pantomimes, and pictorial, graphic, or sculptural works, including the individual images of a motion picture or other audiovisual work.
  • To digitally transmit sound recordings by means of digital audio transmission.

A violation of any of the exclusive rights of the copyright holder is a copyright infringement, unless fair use (or a similar affirmative defense) applies. The use of copyright notices is optional. But, I would recommend that you add a footer on your website containing a copyright notice like this:

© Copyright 2023 Developer Danny. All Rights Reserved.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.