Allow us to edit CHMOD

Give us the option to turn it on because it’s a QoL feature.

if incorrectly used (has happened many times) can lock you out of your own files and the solution is usually to delete the account and start a new one

it was disabled for a good reason

6 Likes

The only quality of life effect I’ve seen CHMOD have is that it ruins people’s life after they corrupt their hosting account by locking themselves out of their own folders.

Can you give one example where using CHMOD on our hosting is actually beneficial to anything? Because I cannot remember ever seeing a single one time where it was useful in the 7+ years that InfinityFree has existed. But I’d love to be proven wrong.

8 Likes

I would love to understand one fact, suppose I have edited a folder and locked it, won’t I be able to change the permission again and unlock it? I mean the CHMOD option is always there.
Can you please explain me that how people lock themself and can’t unlock it?

yes - until you go to values below 600
and then you deny yourself access = owner cannot do one (or all) of these R/W/X

That’s exactly what happened on the hosting
that people either out of ignorance or by accident knock on some value without even knowing what it means.

For example, try playing with this https://chmod-calculator.com/

9 Likes

How is the ability to edit CHMOD a Quality of Life feature?
This thing has no impact on physical or mental health and you can live without it since changing it doesn’t do much anyway.

7 Likes

From a paid hosting provider perspective, this is a QoL feature, as I can then issue a “Maintainance Service Invoice” with whatever pricing to whoever has done this on my server. (lol - joking, I didn’t let my clients deal with chmod, it’s not necessary). :rofl:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.