All .ml domains are down due to registry transfer

I agree with you, Freenom is looking pretty finished… I have decided not to order another domain from them… There seems to be a concerted effort from the PTB to stop people owning their own domains for free right now, which is what it is… I would rather register a sub domain with you guys rather than someone else, which is what I have done and hopefully when the files have transferred to it the site will work… I might go over my usage limits while duplicating the sites but as soon as I know the new one is working I will delete the old one from your server as I have the files here…

Thanks,

Paul

2 Likes

9 posts were split to a new topic: Moving Website Using FTP

I wanted to mention something else:

First is the pp.ua extension, like eu.org. You can register it at Here (Ignore that “Buying”, it should be free).

Second is DynaDot . You can claim a free .link domain here. However I think that it is (maybe?) a temporary event so you might wanted to be quick.

6 Likes

Are they going to ask for a credit card in sign-up process or no?

1 Like

No. You only need to verify your email to claim a free domain.

3 Likes

Such a surprise guys, i realized this a couple of days after that.
It seems that all free freenom domains are in trouble.

Here they say it’s until the end of August: Dynadot.com - Register free .LINK domain | NamePros

The details of the offer are very scarce. I expect it’s only a promo for the first year of registration and that you have to pay for the regular renewal afterwards, but I’m not sure. I’m also not sure if you get full DNS controls with these domains, or if you have to use Dynadot’s website builder.

It’s a nice promo, but I highly doubt it’s a good alternative to Freenom.

8 Likes

Yes, but FreeNom are somehow the same.

I’m using cloudflare now, so yes

Screenshot attached:

4 Likes

14 posts were merged into an existing topic: Moving Website Using FTP

A post was merged into an existing topic: Moving Website Using FTP

Because everything is all tied up here, I’m not going to bother trying to move and edit things.

But please, keep things on the topic of .ml and free domain alternatives. Any posts deviating from this will be flagged and removed, or moved to a new topic.

Thanks

EDIT: That works as well oxy!

9 Likes

Perdon me ha pasado esto con mi dominio.ml como hago para cambiar este que ya no funciona por uno de pago?

Hi there,
Please speak English as this is this forum’s language, or at least use google translate.
I’ve translated it for you:

You can always go and fetch a free subdomain, or use some alternatives like these:

7 Likes

Please can Admin confirm that any files on servers associated with these domains are not in line to be deleted??

I am grabbing our files from the affected domains as fast as I can, but I am only half way through…

Thanks,

Paul

As long as the account has not been suspended for inactivity, there is no risk (and if it gets suspended it can be reactivated with the click of a button).

7 Likes

Well nobody is accessing the domain, so that will happen to them all in the end… I think it is a 30 day period am I right in thinking that?? I am hoping to have them all in the next couple of days…

1 Like

There is a 30 day period, indeed, but you can reactivate the account easily through the client area.

Note that this is an account limit, so as long as one domain in the account (for example, a free subdomain you may have added) is receiving visitors, the account will not get suspended.

5 Likes

If I have three accounts already, and I just let this one deactivate, will I be able to add another account or will the deactivated account count as one of my three accounts??

1 Like

Only active accounts are counted

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.